AddiFB

The Tumbleweed Hangout: Post-Dwight Era discussion

So NO got Gordon (Afflalo), Aminu (Harkless), Kaman (Harrington sort of), and the 10th pick (I think Vucecic will end up equaling that value) plus we got a TPE, a serviceable McBob, and a raw talent in Eyenga, picks, and will almost be guarenteed a lotto pick unless we overachieve. And that was for Chris Paul, an equal talent to Howard.

But you're right everyone, Hennigan is a total moron.

And sure Gordon has had a better season than Afflalo, but he also has injuries, almost bolted to PHX the first chance he got, and was featured on a bad Clipps team to stay pad.

Gordon is way better than Afflalo and Kaman was an expiring deal. Aminu is garbage though and Harkless should turn out to be okay eventually.

So we got mad at the Nets for tampering, then traded him to the Lakers who we all know would never never tamper with any teams players (LOL) let alone any of our teams big men. Are we forgetting the last time we talked about tampering?

http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/08/11/report-nets-magic-howard-deal-blew-up-because-of-orlando-animosity/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

I know this will not happen but, wouldn't it be great if we showed him absolutely zero reaction? The guy thrives on attention, I think it would sting much more (if it's possible for it to sting at all) if the building went completely quiet and everyone turned their backs to him. I know it would not be possible but think of it being dead silent, think of how different that would be and how much that would speak to how we feel about how he treated us over this last year.

This is brilliant. Seriously. I would buy tickets just to participate in this. I pray some marketing people pick this up and really make an effort to have this happen. Spread the word via social media and have instructions in every seat.

I know this will not happen but, wouldn't it be great if we showed him absolutely zero reaction? The guy thrives on attention, I think it would sting much more (if it's possible for it to sting at all) if the building went completely quiet and everyone turned their backs to him. I know it would not be possible but think of it being dead silent, think of how different that would be and how much that would speak to how we feel about how he treated us over this last year.

Also, have the P.A announce team play the song Back Stabber by the O.J's when Dwight scores a basket or is introduced just like how they played that superman theme for him.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oqaFQBsDs6c

Marc, this is the best idea ever....... Seriously. Its clean, its make the statement clear and there is no malicious intent.

Its just a simple statement of "You turned your back on us, and now we are returning the favor"

I would drive to Orlando from Charlotte just to participate. And if I could take it one small step forward in this awesome statement gesture:

I think it would be even better, if everyone brought in their old D12 attire (shirts, Jerseys, etc). And then hold them in front of you up as they start the Lakers roll call.

When the announcer starts to mention the 6"10 Center, we all drop the item we are holding in front of us to the floor and then turn our backs.

On the way out we can all then toss them in the Arenas garbage, and call it a day. Man I can picture a couple thousand of people doing this, everyone drops their trash and turns on him..... it would be Epic.

Edit: So we haven't even seen our team step on the floor yet and we are already predicting failure for 3 seasons and that we should embrace it, and welcome it? I am not that kind of fan...and never will be. I don't go to games expecting losses, I expect us to compete, every single game.

i agree. we got rid of all the drama and most of the garbage. We got a little talent, but everyone is like blah we suck waaaaaah. We havent even seen the team practice yet. It takes time anyways.

I wonder if we could snag Reggie Jackson from OKC with Maynor returning and maybe Fisher.

Fisher is a FA so it would have to be a S&T.I was really impressed with Jackson in the summer league this year though, and I feel Maynor is a starting PG in this league but he's stuck behind Westbrook.

I wonder if we could snag Reggie Jackson from OKC with Maynor returning and maybe Fisher.

Side thought.... I wonder when your going to change your Sig JC.....lol

I figured you would have it done as soon as the NBA announced a done deal.

Back on topic: Hmm.... I have never heard of this guy, might have to research him a bit.

Back on topic: Hmm.... I have never heard of this guy, might have to research him a bit.

its said "Not Changing Sig Until Magic Trade Dwight" for a while, he's changed it since then like 2 or 3 times lol

I will lol