Sign in to follow this  
NBAMagic

Question for Season Ticket Holders

Look be fair to the original poster. I have been a ST holder for the last 3 years. I moved back in 2007 so it took me some time to earn the money for it.

Before that my Father and friends were ST in the 80's and 90's.

You should have seen the promotional materials they sent out, and the information they told you.

I was not unaware that this might happen as my 2000 plus posts would indicate, and actually im hoping trading Howard and sucking for 3 years lowers my ST renewal so that when it does climb back up i will have 6 years under my belt and better benefits!

• Upvote 1

Am I the only Season Ticket Holder that feels like they were "Blackmailed" into renewing their season tickets? If they would have told you "Hey be part of our complete rebuilding process!!! Get your seats now!!!!" Would you have been eager to re new? How about if they would have told you "Come and spend your hard earn money watching a rookie coach learn the ropes!!!"............Is it just me? Am I the only person feeling "Duped"?

Dwight is that you?

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Just wanted to say a huge thank you to all the Magic fans here and everyone who have stuck through all this drama; although I haven't been able to make it to many games (I'm now no longer in the Orlando area), it still makes me proud to see the true Magic fans rocking the O-rena (errr, Amway...) every night. We've been through the bad (that 21-win season...), the good (Finals!), and everything in between, and we'll always be loyal to the blue and white...

People like you who just follow blindly and give up their hard earned cash (regardless of the crap they are buying or being sold) is why athletes like Dwight can say "F U to their beloved teams". Because it's the hard earn cash of the Season Ticket Holders that allow these bratty children to pick and choose where they want to play a silly little game where they can make more money in a year than most Season Ticket Holders make in a lifetime.

How could you possibly have been following this team without realizing that this was a very possible outcome? If you were duped, it's because you did it to yourself. Furthermore, yes, we are supposed to follow the team blindly because that's what being a fan entails. You're allowed to hate certain players, coaches, and even management but you're still supposed to root for the team no matter what. If this criteria doesn't apply to you then you probably aren't that serious of a fan to begin with and I have to wonder why you would buy season tickets in the first place.

I saw The Sixth Sense in the theater when it came out. If they would have told me beforehand the whole point of the movie was that Bruce Willis was dead the whole time, I don't think I would have been eager to waste the money. I was blackmailed and duped.

I will always be a fan of the Magic regardless.. However, I was a STH for the last 5 years as an investment, so I could get dibs on extra playoff tix etc. in anticipation of multiple trips to the finals. I sold most of the games and just went to the big games and weekend games. The perks you get as a STH don't really add much value in fact I think they got worse w the recent changes.

The writing was on the wall not to renew, there was a mass exodus this offseason. I heard there are so many seats available during the seat relocation event.

If I am going to a game, I will be buying tix for fire sale prices on gameday from stubhub or ticket exchange..

I, for one, knew exactly what might happen when I got my season tickets. I have had season tickets since the 90-91 season. And, no, I am not a 1%er. When I commit to something I generally stick with it. I don't make many decisions lightly.

A lot of people don't know much about commitment. And a lot of people, like me, are proud to call themselves Magic fans. Sticking to a commitment means being prepared for the good times AND the bad times. The truly ignorant people are the ones who expect it to always be good times, and question their commitment when it isn't.

The same is true for a lot of things. School, career, marriage. A person can just flit around looking for something better all of their life, or they can learn to commit rarely, but keep them sincerely.

So I will spend next year at the games with my wife of 42 years, watching my long-time team compete, and paying for tickets from the proceeds of staying in a difficult job for over 20 years.

And I am committed to not letting someone else bring me down.

Great post, GHP!

Considering that public money was used to build the new entertainment center, I'd argue that the Magic are fiscally responsible to do anything and everything they can to fill that building so as to maximize what little money the city/county gets back from their "investment."

If that means those ticket reps are pounding the pavement and spamming email accounts, so be it.

Season tickets since 96, I've not been blackmailed into anything since I follow the sport pretty closely. I love my team, period. I choose to spend money on watching them in person, I get nothing out of the team winning a chip same as them winning a pitiful 19 games in a season.

People like you who want to see championships won every year should just hang on to your hard earned money and wait until MJ, Pippen and Phil Jackson walk through that door.

This doesn't really pertain to me any how as I was "locked" into a 3 year agreement.

/quote]

You have an interesting look on this issue. That is not at all was the previous post was saying. So you have an ability to endure pain and throw money away. What most people want fan or not is a competative product. I agree had someone told me that the plan was to basically give the team away for a hero sandwich yes I have an issue too. I too am I fan, but I am not a fan of an organization that has made horrible moves over the last few years and now is just unloading the whole team. Jackson and Pippen- I would be happy to get Khloe Kardashian and Lamar Odem this thing is looking so bad, and they were traded for a bag of nuts and an oil change. Hopefully you are not a faithful fan of garbage dumps- no just a competative team that could please please pretty please be the likes of Charlotte Hornets or Cleveland. Rright now the way it looks they would thump us!!! Bad combo - bad team new stadium!!

Considering that public money was used to build the new entertainment center, I'd argue that the Magic are fiscally responsible to do anything and everything they can to fill that building so as to maximize what little money the city/county gets back from their "investment."

If that means those ticket reps are pounding the pavement and spamming email accounts, so be it.

If the city of Orlando was naive enough to invest into a sports franchise they have to be willing to endure the downs as much as they celebrate the ups. If you want a sure thing buy a **** ton of land or gold, sports ain't gold. deal with it ya heard.

on the flip side the venue supposedly brought $95m to the Orlando area in February, if true, most people probably aren't as salty for the time being.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Season tickets since 96, I've not been blackmailed into anything since I follow the sport pretty closely. I love my team, period. I choose to spend money on watching them in person, I get nothing out of the team winning a chip same as them winning a pitiful 19 games in a season.

People like you who want to see championships won every year should just hang on to your hard earned money and wait until MJ, Pippen and Phil Jackson walk through that door.

This doesn't really pertain to me any how as I was "locked" into a 3 year agreement.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 3