Sign in to follow this  
NBAMagic

Question for Season Ticket Holders

Am I the only Season Ticket Holder that feels like they were "Blackmailed" into renewing their season tickets? If they would have told you "Hey be part of our complete rebuilding process!!! Get your seats now!!!!" Would you have been eager to re new? How about if they would have told you "Come and spend your hard earn money watching a rookie coach learn the ropes!!!"............Is it just me? Am I the only person feeling "Duped"?

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 5

Am I the only Season Ticket Holder that feels like they were "Blackmailed" into renewing their season tickets? If they would have told you "Hey be part of our complete rebuilding process!!! Get your seats now!!!!" Would you have been eager to re new? How about if they would have told you "Come and spend your hard earn money watching a rookie coach learn the ropes!!!"............Is it just me? Am I the only person feeling "Dooped"?

Season tickets since 96, I've not been blackmailed into anything since I follow the sport pretty closely. I love my team, period. I choose to spend money on watching them in person, I get nothing out of the team winning a chip same as them winning a pitiful 19 games in a season.

People like you who want to see championships won every year should just hang on to your hard earned money and wait until MJ, Pippen and Phil Jackson walk through that door.

This doesn't really pertain to me any how as I was "locked" into a 3 year agreement.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Season tickets since 96, I've not been blackmailed into anything since I follow the sport pretty closely. I love my team, period. I choose to spend money on watching them in person, I get nothing out of the team winning a chip same as them winning a pitiful 19 games in a season.

People like you who want to see championships won every year should just hang on to your hard earned money and wait until MJ, Pippen and Phil Jackson walk through that door.

This doesn't really pertain to me any how as I was "locked" into a 3 year agreement.

People like you who just follow blindly and give up their hard earned cash (regardless of the crap they are buying or being sold) is why athletes like Dwight can say "F U to their beloved teams". Because it's the hard earn cash of the Season Ticket Holders that allow these bratty children to pick and choose where they want to play a silly little game where they can make more money in a year than most Season Ticket Holders make in a lifetime.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 6

People like you who just follow blindly and give up their hard earned cash (regardless of the crap they are buying or being sold) is why athletes like Dwight can say "F U to their beloved teams". Because it's the hard earn cash of the Season Ticket Holders that allow these bratty children to pick and choose where they want to play a silly little game where they can make more money in a year than most Season Ticket Holders make in a lifetime.

Dude, I live 14 hours from Orlando or I would go to as many games as I could. If we go into full rebuild mode, I would be stoked to see the young players Henny brings in. If we traded for horrible vets, I might understand your frustration. But if it's losing during a rebuilding process that you're annoyed with, then I don't really sympathize. True Magic fans should want to root on young prospects as much as they would contenders.

• Upvote 1

You sound like you don't like professional basketball very much. Why would you spend money on something you clearly dislike so much?

there's a bandwagon you can jump on a few hours down 95 or the turnpike

• Upvote 1

So you're going to say that you felt "blackmailed" into renewing your season tickets (lol) and then lecture and get all philosophical on someone. Bahahahah

I, for one, knew exactly what might happen when I got my season tickets. I have had season tickets since the 90-91 season. And, no, I am not a 1%er. When I commit to something I generally stick with it. I don't make many decisions lightly.

A lot of people don't know much about commitment. And a lot of people, like me, are proud to call themselves Magic fans. Sticking to a commitment means being prepared for the good times AND the bad times. The truly ignorant people are the ones who expect it to always be good times, and question their commitment when it isn't.

The same is true for a lot of things. School, career, marriage. A person can just flit around looking for something better all of their life, or they can learn to commit rarely, but keep them sincerely.

So I will spend next year at the games with my wife of 42 years, watching my long-time team compete, and paying for tickets from the proceeds of staying in a difficult job for over 20 years.

And I am committed to not letting someone else bring me down.

• Upvote 3

The Franchise did their best to hold on to Dwight, dear OP and fellow Magic fan :D.

With good moves and bad moves, trading for Vince, trading for Gil, for Hedo, drunk-dialing people, firing people, hiring people, they did.

It just didn't work. It can be sad, frustrating, etc... but it happens.

Being 'duped' in a transaction requires bad faith on behalf the counterparty; I'm fairly sure that was not the case.

Now we've got to move on.

Be proud about your Team and do your best to enjoy the games :partypepsi:

Am I the only Season Ticket Holder that feels like they were "Blackmailed" into renewing their season tickets? If they would have told you "Hey be part of our complete rebuilding process!!! Get your seats now!!!!" Would you have been eager to re new? How about if they would have told you "Come and spend your hard earn money watching a rookie coach learn the ropes!!!"............Is it just me? Am I the only person feeling "Duped"?

lmao love people overreact to change to the franchise. :partypepsi:

You can join the cHeat bandwagon if you don't like it.

The team needed to rebuild after Dwight still act like a little kid and broke the team into pieces like a vase on a stand.

I bought some beef jerky the other day that I regretted buying about halfway home.

Blackmail.

• Upvote 1