Live or Die Magic

2012 MAGIC Offseason Thread

Calderon only has 1year left on his contract, he can help us tank.

Big Baby and QRich for Calderon and a draft pick

Q is being paid pennies, we don't necessarily need to trade him.

Calderon only has 1year left on his contract, he can help us tank.

Big Baby and QRich for Calderon and a draft pick

No, he can't help us tank because he's actually good.

He's old and in my opinion we should be looking for nothing or talented youth. Not just whomever to fill in the space for the sake of having a backup pg.

Why are we trading away our best pieces for Jose Calderon? I don't see the point in trading away the proven heart and hustle we have had over the past couple of years in JJ and BBD for the sake of shaving off a few coin.

Keeping the core of Nelson, BBD and JJ in my belief will shape the positive mentality and culture of the future team.

We picked up chips that can be used in trades, that is something we didn't have before this trade. I don't think that Harrington see's much time out there, I see him as cap relief or a trade chip strickly as cap relief. The rest of these guys all have one thing in common, they defend (not sure about the center because I haven't seen much about him). I think we are going to be able to play defense as a team, I just don't know how much we will be able to score.

Exactly and we are also LOADED with bigs. We may be able to get something nice in the future.

Keeping the core of Nelson, BBD and JJ in my belief will shape the positive mentality and culture of the future team.

Absolutely. We need real leadership more than ever after our "Fake Leader" left his men high and dry.

Nelson - Stays

Glen Davis - Stays

JJ Redick - Stays

These three guys all have something in common that will greatly benefit our younger players. They were all counted out, no one believed they would be the players they are today. They have all been through the tough turmoil the NBA business can present, and they still held strong as a true team would, while their poor excuse for a leader was expressing his exit plans.

They all have been through the pressures of living up to expectations and the many playoff battles, where they have won, lost, came back, fell short... Just completely tested.

Its that knowledge, that know how, that history, which will give those rookies a step ahead of their peers, who might not be on a team with these type of players.

We need these guys.

Besides, a team full of young players or players who looking to tank dont do well..... just look at the Wizards for an example. They had nice pieces, but all rooks.... no direction and now they are starting again.... after 3yrs of rebuilding.

• Upvote 1

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but guess who Al Harrington agent is.......

HWNSNBM

Damn it.

Outside of Dwight, this guy has some of the crappiest players in the league, I don't think there is a single one I would want.

None of this really matters, we don't want Harrington long term so it's not like he is going to be causing any problems for us.

Outside of Dwight, this guy has some of the crappiest players in the league, I don't think there is a single one I would want.

None of this really matters, we don't want Harrington long term so it's not like he is going to be causing any problems for us.

I think he has John Wall so rephrase that.

I think he has John Wall so rephrase that.

Yes he does ... And he will only get more players.

The point I was making is that I wish we had just one year with our that jerk off Agent.

I have a hard time believing that Harrington will be an easy move considering we screwed him on Brooklyn.

This talk about tanking kind of bothers me. I do not want players who do want to win. I want every player who is on the court to give every effort they can.

The management can tank by using a philosophy that they are hoping to get better players in the draft, and that they hope to do well in the draft. That is their responsiblity and I understand it. They ultimately want to win, and I applaud that. That is the role of the management, and Henny is trying to get us the best talent he can while he builds a war chest. We will have to wait a couple of years before we get the talent.

But whenever a player steps onto the court I expect the very best from them. I don't care what their name is, but I do care that they have the name Orlando Magic on their uniform. I don't want any tanking from any player. We have gone through years with supposedly great players that couldn't bring the ball past the front court, or wouldn't work on their free throws, or would mope after a play rather than get back on defense.

The heart and hustle bunch has always been my favorite team. I have high hopes that the next year we will see a similar team, which works harder than the other team, even though it may not have the talent of the other team. If they work hard, there is some value even in the losses because of the experience, and there is true joy when they do beat a team they supposedly have no chance against.

I am looking forward to the games this year, and expect them to be more entertaining than the half-hearted effort we got much of the last year, especially from our supposed stars. If we only win 30 games, we can be proud if they are the result of effort and good coaching.

Summary, I can handle the management tanking, but I despise any lack of effort by a player.

• Upvote 1

This talk about tanking kind of bothers me. I do not want players who do want to win. I want every player who is on the court to give every effort they can.

The management can tank by using a philosophy that they are hoping to get better players in the draft, and that they hope to do well in the draft. That is their responsiblity and I understand it. They ultimately want to win, and I applaud that. That is the role of the management, and Henny is trying to get us the best talent he can while he builds a war chest. We will have to wait a couple of years before we get the talent.

But whenever a player steps onto the court I expect the very best from them. I don't care what their name is, but I do care that they have the name Orlando Magic on their uniform. I don't want any tanking from any player. We have gone through years with supposedly great players that couldn't bring the ball past the front court, or wouldn't work on their free throws, or would mope after a play rather than get back on defense.

The heart and hustle bunch has always been my favorite team. I have high hopes that the next year we will see a similar team, which works harder than the other team, even though it may not have the talent of the other team. If they work hard, there is some value even in the losses because of the experience, and there is true joy when they do beat a team they supposedly have no chance against.

I am looking forward to the games this year, and expect them to be more entertaining than the half-hearted effort we got much of the last year, especially from our supposed stars. If we only win 30 games, we can be proud if they are the result of effort and good coaching.

Summary, I can handle the management tanking, but I despise any lack of effort by a player.

Amen, I love that attitude!! Let's hope the players come in with chips on their shoulders and show the fans that they are worth watching and cheering for! Like you said, it is clear management is looking to retool, but the players get paid the big bucks to do what they love --> PLAY BASKETBALL. If I were them, I'd go out and show them I am worth the money and attention and work my ass off to make the fans proud.

I really think we do have players that will rub off on the youngin's in JJ Jameer and Big Baby; they have that swagger and attitude that exudes confidence. I for one will continue to cheer them on through thick and thin.