Live or Die Magic

2012 MAGIC Offseason Thread

I kinda wonder how some those "Hall of Fame" coaches would have done without the stacked rosters. Guys like Pops are the ones that impress me the most by taking teams that don't look that good on paper and adjusting to the times and putting a good game plan that suits the talents of the roster year after year. Larry Brown taking the pistons to the championships without a superstar is another example.

All I am asking is give him a chance like Hennigan since Magic is in the rebuilding stage at this point and people like DoM wants to contradict people's ideas even though they are really frustrated the team has to rebuild.

If you honestly think that's what I'm trying to do here, then I frankly have no idea what you could ever contribute to a conversation.

I can't even imagine being that ignorant or having reading comprehension that atrocious.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

If you honestly think that's what I'm trying to do here, then I frankly have no idea what you could ever contribute to a conversation.

I can't even imagine being that ignorant or having reading comprehension that atrocious.

Who the hell says that I am being ignorant? It seems to me that you are in a mood to fight with me while I am not.

Let people think what they want to think. Don't force them to your side saying that he is going to suck because EVERY person is difference. EVERY coach has their own style of coaching. THATS LIFE!!

I would suggest that you stay out of it unless you have something to say that is less pompous. Right now you are being really pompous and have no ethics whatsoever.

Back on topic

Either the top two candidates is Shaw an Malone, Snyder and Malone, Shaw and Snyder. But what surprised me is that a new coach Vaughn appeared. So I am guessing he is a sleeper coach like Dunlap.

Who the hell says that I am being ignorant? It seems to me that you are in a mood to fight with me while I am not.

Let people think what they want to think. Don't force them to your side saying that he is going to suck because EVERY person is difference. EVERY coach has their own style of coaching. THATS LIFE!!

I would suggest that you stay out of it unless you have something to say that is less pompous. Right now you are being really pompous and have no ethics whatsoever.

All that he asked of you was to provide one reason that you think Shaw will be a good head coach. He never said Shaw would suck. He didn't try to convince anyone else that Shaw sucks (although that is generally the reason that people have debates). I also have no idea how you could measure someone's ethical code from this thread.

In other words, this is why you are ignorant.

All that he asked of you was to provide one reason that you think Shaw will be a good head coach. He never said Shaw would suck. He didn't try to convince anyone else that Shaw sucks (although that is generally the reason that people have debates). I also have no idea how you could measure someone's ethical code from this thread.

In other words, this is why you are ignorant.

The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge. -Stephen Hawking

Who the hell says that I am being ignorant? I did just now. You even quoted it. I'll explain why later. First, more of your hissy fit: It seems to me that you are in a mood to fight with me while I am not. You really should have called me a name here. At least then, the rest of your "I'm standing up to you, you big bad meanie" post would have been funny-ignorant rather than just sad-ignorant.

Let people think what they want to think. I have done so. You'll notice that I never, at any point, had my secret mind police arrest you for thinking things I don't like. Don't force them to your side saying that he is going to suck because EVERY person is difference. Two things here:

1) If every person is a difference(sic), why am I not allowed to state my opinion is different than yours? Why does my opinion have less value than yours does just because I disagree with you? Are you actually so ignorant as to literally call for me to stifle my own opinion while claiming I'm trying to stifle yours? The answer is obviously "yes" because you just did.

2) I would find it interesting if you, right this second, tried to find any place that I have ever written, said, or thought that Brian Shaw was going to suck as a coach. I can save you some time though by saying that you'll never find those things because I've never said, written or thought those things. And I have that level of confidence you would never find those things because, and this is important, I don't think Brian Shaw will be a ****ty head coach; I think he'll be an average one. But in the grand scheme of the posts I've made in this thread, that's irrelevant.

What I have asked for, and what you have repeatedly, hilariously, and pathetically failed to grasp is that my questions have been about why their is enthusiasm for Shaw at a level that is noticeably higher than other coaches, when there is little evidence to suggest that Shaw deserves that level of enthusiasm. As I pointed out, it can't be his resume: Rambis had a better resume and floundered spectacularly as a head coach. So I wanted to know why people preferred Shaw over someone like Malone or Hornacek to such a large extent, which was obvious to pretty much everyone who wasn't you.

That you not only failed to understand that piece of 2nd grade reading even after that Stu Bronsilioionao guy explained it to you, but you then decided to make up an argument about me not wanting to give Shaw a chance just so you could bad mouth me by name for doing it in a post unrelated to anything just to, seemingly, feel superior is baffling. That's fallacious and ignorant, and I really see no reason to pretend it wasn't both of those things.

EVERY coach has their own style of coaching. THATS LIFE!! Ok.....? Is this the part where we just type non-sequiters and pretend we're contributing to the conversation? Ok, I'll try:

The honey-walnut shrimp at Panda Express is mouth-wateringly delicious. IT'S WORTH THE EXTRA DOLLAR!

I would suggest that you stay out of it unless you have something to say that is less pompous. Right now you are being really pompous and have no ethics whatsoever. My favorite bit here is the idea that my thinking you're ignorant based on multiple examples of ignorance is proof that I have no ethics whatsoever.

It just creates a mental image where I imagine nCoolness sitting at his/her computer thinking: "Oh, that DOM is such an *******. I bet he, like, parks in handicap spaces even though he, himself, is not handicapped! Oooh, yeah, and he probably drives in the carpool lane even when he's COMPLETELY ALONE! What a jerk!"

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

Back on topic

Either the top two candidates is Shaw an Malone, Snyder and Malone, Shaw and Snyder. But what surprised me is that a new coach Vaughn appeared. So I am guessing he is a sleeper coach like Dunlap.

Definitely not Snyder

http://www.latimes.com/sports/lakersnow/la-sp-ln-lakers-assistant-coach-quin-snyder-accepts-same-position-with-cska-moscow-20120709,0,7741850.story

As I pointed out, it can't be his resume: Rambis had a better resume and floundered spectacularly as a head coach.

This is grossly understating Rambis' situation. Please go back and read my post on the previous page.