Live or Die Magic

The Dwight Howard Drama Unfolds

@DwightHoward (verified) hasn't tweeted anything since April.

they're supposed to be direct messages...apparently, he's sticking to that these days.

A few teams have been painted into worse corners by their star player and brought back better stuff.

Afflalo and Harrington are an upgrade over Jason and Duhon, but they get paid for for a longer period of time. Where's the slate cleaning there?

You can't get teams that are highly unlikely to be bad anytime soon to sign off on unrprotected picks? You've limited the quality of the picks that weren't really going to be that good to begin with. Every year teams literally give away their late round picks so that they don't have to pay a guy. Whoopty doo.

Harkless and the Euro bum are mildly intriguing prospects at best.

The final two years of Harrington's contract are not guaranteed. Not sure if that is fully or partially but he can be waived and we can save some salary cap.

For some reason it wouldn't let me quote you. If that actually happens I just got 10x happier with this trade.

I will retract my statement. My apologies.

The more I've let this settle, the more okay I am with the trade. We got a decent C and SF prospect and will almost definitely be one of the worst teams in the league next year. Dwight can enjoy next year with Nash, and at most 2-3 years with Kobe. In the meantime, I still believe Hennigan when he says we're working towards a sustainable product by building the right way.

This might be the worst trade we made for a long time. I thought bringing "The Franchise" to Orlando was dumb but this tops all. We are getting NOTHING in return for the Defensive Player of the Year, we lose another center to the Lakers, seriously are we cursed or some?

We officially have locked mediocracy.

• Upvote 1

A few teams have been painted into worse corners by their star player and brought back better stuff.

Like?

Afflalo and Harrington are an upgrade over Jason and Duhon, but they get paid for for a longer period of time. Where's the slate cleaning there?

Harrington's deal is supposedly partially guaranteed. Afflalo is younger and a piece going forward, the length of his deal doesn't matter.

You can't get teams that are highly unlikely to be bad anytime soon to sign off on unrprotected picks? You've limited the quality of the picks that weren't really going to be that good to begin with. Every year teams literally give away their late round picks so that they don't have to pay a guy. Whoopty doo.

We don't know what kind of protection is on there. For all we know it is just top 3 protection which none of these teams will sniff, so who cares.

Harkless and the Euro bum are mildly intriguing prospects at best.

Says who? Harkless is an athletic wing (something we need) and most of the forum wanted him pre-draft. He has the ability to be a Iggy or Batum kind of player. Sorry we didn't land a superstar caliber prospect, that is the reason why we have to tank.

The final two years of Harrington's contract are not guaranteed. Not sure if that is fully or partially but he can be waived and we can save some salary cap.

Duhon only has a partial guarantee next season as well.

The only plus there is that we don't have to watch Duhon stink up the joint anymore. No money saved.

We officially have locked mediocracy.

No, locking mediocracy would be trading Dwight for players with more value like Bynum or Gasol. We're looking to start over and rebuild OKC/SA style. It is, and has been obvious for months, yet people still just don't get what we are trying to do.

So this is our team for next season:

PG 1. Jameer Nelson

SG 1. Arron Afflalo

2. J.J. Redick

PF 1. Glen Davis

2. Gustavo Ayon

3. Andrew Nicholson

4. Justin Harper

SF 1. Hedo Turkoglu

2. Quentin Richardson

3. Moe Harkless

C 1. Nikola Vucevic

2. Al Harrington

3. Kyle O'Quinn

We might challenge the Bobcats for the worst all-time record!

• Upvote 1