Live or Die Magic

The Dwight Howard Drama Unfolds

People in Orlando are more excited about a slew of camels at RDV over Varejao.

Actually there are only one or two excited about the camels and a few about the opiates involved in the proposed trade idea. Oddly no one cared for the 70 virgins the Magic would get back.

On a side note, Varejao sort of looks like a camel in an odd sort of not really at all sort of way. BTW, please do not tell me there is some trade out there were we get him back.

Man I wish 4:30 would get her so I get the heck out of work.

• Downvote 1

Rumor has it they are getting at least one stretch camel for Jameer to ride

They would not treat Meer like that. A more likely scenario is that when they trade howard to his new team, instead of flying him out to get his pre trade physical, they throw his butt on the back of a camel and kick him on his way out of town. You know since he moaned so loudly about having to fly with the common fokes out to LA.

Off Topic, but who else is is seeing Dark Knight tonight? And did you guys here about the shooting in Colorado?

saw it this morning at 4am and it was amazing

Nick Friedell @ESPNChiBulls 2m

Hennigan wants to get young, cheap assets in return. Noah and Deng are scheduled to make almost $80 mil combined over next four years.

View details ·

Nick Friedell @ESPNChiBulls 4m

There's no guarantee Hennigan would even do deal based around Noah and Deng. They both have big contracts and injury concerns.

View details ·

Nick Friedell @ESPNChiBulls 5m

Bulls fans clamoring for front office to roll dice and deal for Dwight remember 1 thing. Otis Smith isn't in Orlando anymore Rob Hennigan is

View details ·

I loved reading that last part :creaturedance:

You can’t force a superstar to join your team unless you draft him, and that requires both a phenomenal risk in winding up as a team that misses in the lottery, sometimes repeated years, and for that player to actually live up to billing. You either have to woo them in free agency or swing for a trade and then try and make it work. And for years, Morey has delicately balanced the boat on dangerous waters, never giving up so much that the team would be wrecked while always keeping a team with good players on manageable contracts. That’s a dangerous and difficult place to keep the ship, but he’s done it. It doesn’t win you points with fans or the media, though and at the end of the day, it doesn’t win you enough games.

So Morey has finally crossed the threshold. It’s a point of no return for the Rockets.

Lowry, liquidated for a draft pick.

Dragic: dislodged for cap room to absorb salary.

Scola: amnestied for cap room to allow salary.

Lin: Overpaid for to ensure a quality sidekick.

Budinger: Sent packing to make room.

Royce White, Jeremy Lamb, Terrence Jones: Look who Morey drafted. No safe picks there. All high upside guys with great conditioning, no injury concerns, loved by scouts and GM’s in workouts and high caliber players. Morey didn’t draft for need, he specifically drafted the players best used for packaging.

Morey has pointed everything the Magic’s way. You want draft picks? You got ‘em. You want young players? Sure thing, got all the athletic forwards you could want. Want to dump salary? Lots of room here, provided you take Kevin Martin or some of our other spare parts! Morey has done everything but sent Rob Hennigan personalized luggage. And I’m sure that’s coming in the mail.

http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/07/20/the-inbounds-daryl-morey-and-the-point-of-no-return/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

That was a great piece. A good peek inside the mind of a team that sits in that nether region between the magnetism of the coastal big markets and the wastelands of the small-markets.

Magneto.jpg

Magnetism you say?

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Haven't seen it but I live in Denver and people are going ape ****. I bet everyone is going to the movie strapped now

Not to minimize what happened but we need to stay on topic here. Please start a new thread in the off topic section to discuss the sad news on the movie shooting.