Live or Die Magic

The Dwight Howard Drama Unfolds

But not as good as doing nothing.

That would just be putting off the inevitable and having to wait another year to rebuild (because we aren't a lottery team with Dwight still in the middle). This also means we can work out our young guys and clear cap space for the future. Letting him walk THIS year would have been better, but now that he has another year on contract, trading him is the best option.

Catman, sorry for a direct q, but curious if you know. Obviously we can't believe all that is reported. Are you hearing in fact that Magic will get back young assets and picks instead of Bynum? If this 3 way deal is real that is.

Dude I have been saying Houston is a player pretty much the whole time while half of you guys were jumping off bridges. You don't need to overanalyze everything, must sit back and relax.

Am I the only one who wants to puke at this idea of handing Dwight to the Lakers and get nothing in return but draft picks while Houston gets Bynum?

I want Dwight traded to start a building process, but I don't want to move the guy for just a handful of draft picks either. I'd like at least one quality player to be a part of the rebuilding process.

Depends if we can unload JRich and Turk

That would just be putting off the inevitable and having to wait another year to rebuild (because we aren't a lottery team with Dwight still in the middle). This also means we can work out our young guys and clear cap space for the future. Letting him walk THIS year would have been better, but now that he has another year on contract, trading him is the best option.

Does it say in Dwight's contract somewhere he MUST play?? Am I missing something?? Have the docs say his back isn't 100%, and we aren't going to further risk him getting injury, whatever. He rides the pine all year, we suck out loud, we get good pick AND Dwight off the team meaning we get cap space to go after players next offseason.

Does it say in Dwight's contract somewhere he MUST play?? Am I missing something?? Have the docs say his back isn't 100%, and we aren't going to further risk him getting injury, whatever. He rides the pine all year, we suck out loud, we get good pick AND Dwight off the team meaning we get cap space to go after players next offseason.

JRich, Turk, Duhon.

Still better than the Nets deal.

Exactly. If we could steal parsons from houston and two of either Lamb, Jones and White plus martins expiring contracts, that kills the Nets deal. Either way were losing in this trade but this makes wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy more since than the nets deal.

How can the Magic get draft picks if the Fakers gave almost all the draft picks away to the Suns for Steve Nash?

Rockets have a bunch

@MySportsLegion

Lakers, Magic & Rockets in talks which would send Dwight to LA, Bynum to Rockets & tons of picks to Magic, nothing "serious" yet, per source

Disagree , see my last post.

Cat, I have to disagree. Sure some of these guys have talent but I don't see any of them ever being elite. It just seems like we're getting ready to become the Pacers. I don't like the idea of becoming a team that just enjoys the playoffs every year knowing the Heat or Bulls or Celtics are going to beat us in 5-6