Live or Die Magic

The Dwight Howard Drama Unfolds

This deal is a huge improvement over the Nets reported deal

Pau Gasol and Luke Walton would be an improvement over the Nets deal

This deal as it is presented is awful. Not as bad as the Nets deal, not as good as the "supposed" Rockets deal

Seems like we caved in to Dwight's camps demands

• Upvote 1

The people who don't like the trade haven't watched the pieces we're getting back.

Afflalo is pretty good.

Vucevic showed flashes of being a really good big man.

Harkless is a one and done guy who had a very good year in the big east and projects as a nicolas batum type of guy with his length and athleticism.

And we get three picks.

why is the assumption that people who don't like trades "haven't seen these guys play."

we've all seen Afflalo and Harrington. Most of us probably haven't seen a lot of Vucevic, but know his reputation. And Harkless isn't really under the radar, especially when he was a rumored Magic target for months. People know who these guys are. It's just not that impressive of a haul.

My biggest problem with this trade is it's pretty bad for rebuild.

Baby/O'Quinn/Ayon/Vucevic

Harrington/Nicholson

Hedo/Harkless

Afflalo/JJ

Jameer/Anyone not named Duhon

That really isn't that bad of a roster, which is the problem.

I wanted Houston trade so we could blow up and go all in for that first pick in next years draft.

Pau Gasol and Luke Walton would be an improvement over the Nets deal

This deal as it is presented is awful. Not as bad as the Nets deal, not as good as the "supposed" Rockets deal

Seems like we caved in to Dwight's camps demands

The Rockets deal was never as good as reported.

What the national writers bashing us don't understand (and what some of you don't understand either) is that we are not looking for a SUPERSTAR-for-SUPERSTAR deal here. We are looking to get younger, get rid of our garbage, and start over.

Sometimes, it's not always about talent-for-talent.

Eh nvm about the NJ deal being better, I forgot that D12 and D-Will wouldn't end up with the 6th pick, duh, it still might've been a good pick if we did it at trade deadline. But I still think the NJ deal is comparable to this one. Which is why it boggles my mind anybody is ok with this trade.

What the national writers bashing us don't understand (and what some of you don't understand either) is that we are not looking for a SUPERSTAR-for-SUPERSTAR deal here. We are looking to get younger, get rid of our garbage, and start over.

Sometimes, it's not always about talent-for-talent.

You don't rid yourself of garbage by acquiring more garbage

I don't think so. Unlike Liggins, Harper has a guaranteed contract for next season.

I only watched 1 summer league game, but didn't Harper actually look pretty decent throughout summer games?

why is the assumption that people who don't like trades "haven't seen these guys play."

Actually, the reason i hate this trade is BECAUSE i've seen them play. Nothing special.

I hate this deal because we don't rid of more contracts and don't get any good picks. I could care less if we get superstar in this deal.

Also, I wanted Pau Gasol so that we could flip him for even MORE younger talent.

How are you just gonna let the Lakers keep him?