Live or Die Magic

The Dwight Howard Drama Unfolds

Idk, I doubt we would just go out their without anything to entice Dwight to stay... I doubt a "new marketing scheme" will do it either.

Even if we hypothetically did have something that would entice Howard to stay it seems like he still wouldn't sign an extension because he can make more guaranteed money by becoming a free agent first. I don't think I could see us going past the trade deadline with him on the roster without an extension signed.

4ac69546.jpg

Hey, maybe I'm wrong. I haven't looked at every team's payroll, but there is probably a chance, even if it's a small one.

35noi6.jpg

• Downvote 1

They told him they were going to come out there last week so he knows. They wanna see how his rehab going as well as talking him into staying. Dwight is tired of "promises" wants "action" if you say you can put a contender around him do it

Which is a great platitude, but Rob isn't going to be able to repair the damage Otis did with his contracts in one off-season, especially while Dwight's saying he's only going to Brooklyn. I realize you aren't Dwight, but you've kind of set yourself up as the defacto mouthpiece for him on these boards.

At this point, I think the vast bulk of Magic fans are just ready for this to be over: Dwight's thrown us under the bus, so it's just time to move on. Yeah: he's a phenomenal player, but between what Otis did to the Payroll, and what Dwight did to the locker room and fan base, enough's enough.

• Upvote 4

Which is a great platitude, but Rob isn't going to be able to repair the damage Otis did with his contracts in one off-season, especially while Dwight's saying he's only going to Brooklyn. I realize you aren't Dwight, but you've kind of set yourself up as the defacto mouthpiece for him on these boards.

At this point, I think the vast bulk of Magic fans are just ready for this to be over: Dwight's thrown us under the bus, so it's just time to move on. Yeah: he's a phenomenal player, but between what Otis did to the Payroll, and what Dwight did to the locker room and fan base, enough's enough.

I think everyones ready for this to be over with one way or another. Its been a crazy year for fans, players, the organization and the city of Orlando. Who knows if Rob will be able to repair it but Dwight knows Hennigan wasnt there last season which is why he's still listening. Despite Dwights trade requests he's wanted to stay here and win, just feels he cant win a ring here (which we can partially blame on Otis Smith.) That being said if Rob can convince about moves he can make he'll more than likely rescind the trade request. As in signing an extension that would be something him and Rob would have to discuss

They told him they were going to come out there last week so he knows. They wanna see how his rehab going as well as talking him into staying. Dwight is tired of "promises" wants "action" if you say you can put a contender around him do it

Oh, is that all it takes? *Poof* There you go Dwight. That sure was easy.

:chairshot:

I think everyones ready for this to be over with one way or another. Its been a crazy year for fans, players, the organization and the city of Orlando. Who knows if Rob will be able to repair it but Dwight knows Hennigan wasnt there last season which is why he's still listening. Despite Dwights trade requests he's wanted to stay here and win, just feels he cant win a ring here (which we can partially blame on Otis Smith.) That being said if Rob can convince about moves he can make he'll more than likely rescind the trade request. As in signing an extension that would be something him and Rob would have to discuss

what's his relationship with nelson? I've heard nelson said they are still friends...

so if we get ellis... he will stay?

At this point not only do I want Dwight traded, but also I THINK it can be better.

Look at it this way. The EC is crowded now with good teams, one of them being insanely above the rest (Miami) and most likely to win a few rings in the upcoming seasons.

I prefer to rebuild the right way, send the bad contracts out and have a young core ready to develop.

Of course in 5 years there will also be good teams in the EC, but I am sure none of them like the current Heat. Our chance to be relevant again, surrounded by not-so-elite teams.

Can you stop trying to defend D-12? Hennigan personally came out that he would trade D-12 before the training camp, and now he wants D-12 to stay? Tha Heck. It seems out of desperation. D-12 is going to say the same thing he doesn't want to stay, they tricked him into opting in. Why do you think he's so pist?

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

what's his relationship with nelson? I've heard nelson said they are still friends...

so if we get ellis... he will stay?

You do know Nelson got into a fist fight with D-12 right?

Oh, is that all it takes? *Poof* There you go Dwight. That sure was easy.

:chairshot:

lmao yeah it'll be tough, but he "opted in for a reason" haha

Despite Dwights trade requests he's wanted to stay here and win, just feels he cant win a ring here (which we can partially blame on Otis Smith.)

No offense, but it's not like we never made it to the finals. I mean the whole team had a chance to win a ring and they didn't do it.

Turk Failed.

Lewis Failed.

Nelson Failed.

Lee Failed.

Howard Failed.

Maybe Dwight feels that he can't win one here because he didn't win one when he had the chance. However that sentence in itself is just retarded, because alot of teams never get a chance to win a ring.

Dwight will never win a ring by himself or as self promoting closer.

Dwights missed free throws prevented him from his championship.

The fact that Dwight can't be trusted in late game situations because he can't shoot FTs prevented him from his championship.

Dwight's immaturity on the court, constantly arguing with the refs, not staying focused prevented him from his Championship.

Dwight needs to understand personable accountability. Because by large and far, Dwight is Dwights reason why he can't win a ring here in Orlando.

• Upvote 2

You do know Nelson got into a fist fight with D-12 right?

yah, but before nelson signed, he came out and said he still talks to d12... just wondering if ybr knows anything about tha