Sign in to follow this  
magicgirl2

Disssapointed with the Orlando Magic trades

If you really want some quick news, why come here? There is tons of websites that keep up with the latest NBA news and rumors. Rotoworld is the one I use, it is pretty organized and keeps you up to date.

• Downvote 1

Terrible trade for Anderson, he really proved himself last year and then he's shipped out!

We got a player and a trade exception for another player that was going to sign with the Hornets no matter what. How exactly is this a bad trade?

It is only a bad trade if you were willing to match at $9M per....I like Ryan but that is too pricey for someone who struggles when Dwight is not on the floor drawing double and triple teams.

It is only a bad trade if you were willing to match at $9M per....I like Ryan but that is too pricey for someone who struggles when Dwight is not on the floor drawing double and triple teams.

Agreed. I would even have been OK with something in the $7-8 million range. In a perfect world, we get to Hornets to take Duhon too...

Do you not remember how bad it was prior to instituting restrictions on thread starting? You may not have been here then, but I want you to imagine two dozen threads all started within an hour of each other, all about the exact same thing. It was chaos. While I agree with you that sifting through the large Offseason thread is no fun, it is still better than the alternative. There may be a happy medium worth finding, but it will still take an effort on the part of the members.

These message boards are operated by fans like yourself. We are all volunteers and we were all long-time members/posters before we became moderators. It is a thankless job, and we have to do it in our spare time. We also would like this to be THE place to come to discuss the team and to get information about the team. Hopefully, you won't be one of the ones that leaves.

Ok ok...i havent thanked you in a while! Thanks... I didnt know you instituted restrictions on thread starting.

:cheers:

[ quote name=Passenger57' timestamp='1341837248' post='698654]

Agreed. I would even have been OK with something in the $7-8 million range. In a perfect world, we get to Hornets to take Duhon too...

The best and perhaps only way to get rid of Duhon is to waive him give him a bed full of money and many beautiful white ladies only then will he go away but the ends justify the means

I dont understand why you are saying that 7-8M would have been fine but 9M = definetly not. Would that 1-2M really made difference?

Lets just get real, the organization didn't trust that Ryan would be anything without Dwight. Its a shame though, because there is no way to know it now.

• Downvote 1

Lets just get real, the organization didn't trust that Ryan would be anything without Dwight. Its a shame though, because there is no way to know it now.

Money aside, this is exactly it. His status on a rebuilding team is completely different than what it was (or could have been) on a team with Dwight in the middle.

But it is worth noting that Kevin Love put up 26 and 13 last year and still couldn't get his team to 30 wins.

I dont understand why you are saying that 7-8M would have been fine but 9M = definetly not. Would that 1-2M really made difference?

Right. They didn't have an entire playoff series to watch him get man handled without Dwight or anything. And yeah, overpaying is overpaying. That's how you end up in a hole as a franchise.