Sign in to follow this  
magicgirl2

Disssapointed with the Orlando Magic trades

Sorry you are right was Mickael Pietrus instead of Carter, but still Carter was traded and for nothing.

Roster:

Rafer Alston

Tony Battie

Adonal Foyle

Marcin Gortat

Dwight Howard

Anthony Johnson

Courtney Lee

Rashard Lewis

Tyronn Lue

Jameer Nelson

Mickael Pietrus

JJ Redick

Jeremy Richardson

Hedo Turkoglu

How many they kept?

Dwight Howard

Jameer Nelson

JJ Redick

Hedo Turkoglu

A winning team should not change.

should have Keep C.Lee, :gortat: , Battie, Pietrus, :shard:, and Alston

• Upvote 1

We didn't win, we lost, and in what world should we have hung onto guys like:

Tony Battie

Adonal Foyle

Tyronn Lue

Under any circumstances?

Hedo forced the action that summer by seeking out the most money he could, and more money than he was worth. Otis did right by letting him go and taking a shot at reloading by getting Carter and Anderson here. It didn't work, but he took a shot. At least he didn't do something stupid later to screw that up by trading for Hedo again. Oh, wait...

Well he brought Hedo back, mistake, Adonal retired and is working for the Magic, Lue is actually with the Celtics, he was useless. The Magic did not win BUT it get to the Finals for the second time in franchise history I believe, tell me if I'm wrong.

Well I'm going to watch the Red Sox/ Yankees game.

Those numbers were on a team built around Dwight, without the benefit of having Dwight on the court. He will probably never be a key player able to create for himself, but he can be a great complimentary player. It's not like Dwight is the only guy in the league that commands a double team.

Now, with that said, no I don't think he is worth the contract he was able to get from NO, but he deserves a bit more respect than boiling down his abilities to this past post season when we didn't have our main guy on the floor.

Don't get me wrong, I love Ryan. It's not the first playoff series he struggled in though. I think we made the right move not matching him, and I think he will be better off in New Orleans, especially if Gordon stays. He could still be a 16 point 7 board a night quality power forward, I'd just love to see him show up in a big game.

Don't get me wrong, I love Ryan. It's not the first playoff series he struggled in though. I think we made the right move not matching him, and I think he will be better off in New Orleans, especially if Gordon stays. He could still be a 16 point 7 board a night quality power forward, I'd just love to see him show up in a big game.

It wasnt the first playoff series and it happened all too often in big games during the season as well. I also think he is a good complimentary player but at 8 plus we aren't talking about complimentary pay any longer.

It wasnt the first playoff series and it happened all too often in big games during the season as well. I also think he is a good complimentary player but at 8 plus we aren't talking about complimentary pay any longer.

Right on. It was multiple playoff season as well not just this past playoff season. Glad to see someone else besides Marc Acres:3:16 sees the big picture around here. Otis would have taken this bait. Not the new regime. This is going to be a rebuilding. Rome wasnt built in a day. Next up, time to say our goodbyes to Turk, J Rich, and Duhon. Lets hope at least.

Right on. It was multiple playoff season as well not just this past playoff season. Glad to see someone else besides Marc Acres:3:16 sees the big picture around here. Otis would have taken this bait. Not the new regime. This is going to be a rebuilding. Rome wasnt built in a day. Next up, time to say our goodbyes to Turk, J Rich, and Duhon. Lets hope at least.

We weren't going to match Anderson from the beginning so we basically got a young guy for free... and judging by what I've been reading and seeing about him, he looks serviceable at least...

In Henny we trust.

Well he brought Hedo back, mistake, Adonal retired and is working for the Magic, Lue is actually with the Celtics, he was useless. The Magic did not win BUT it get to the Finals for the second time in franchise history I believe, tell me if I'm wrong.

Adonal was canned a few days ago.

:svgsad:

Every player who gets traded from Magic, resigns, or walks away should have their own thread. There should also be a separate thread which shows all the other nba players getting traded to where. It's completely unfair how threads get immediately locked at times and is told to comment on the ridiculously huge offseason thread. Many too often I get a headache browsing nearly 70 or more pages a day only to get like three new info.

It would really help if everything was broken down. Dwight drama/trade having its own thread. Other Magic players having their own thread when getting resigned or traded and one thread for all other nba players getting traded (albeit not magic related but I'm sure most viewers of this site is curious).

Everyone seriously needs to stop messing with people who actually post somewhere other than the Offseason Thread. I mean, how dare they, right? Now obviously it needs to deserve a thread on its own merit, that hasn't changed. But not every post in the Orlando Magic Forum needs to go in there.

Seriously my biggest pet peeve with this forum right now compared to the old days (or even a year or two ago) and I know I'm not even close to alone in this.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 4

Don't worry guys. Anyone who has been here long enough knows that you don't have to explain that you've been reading this site since it was...."Orlandomagiczone.com".

Note Note Note: The reason why people stop making threads is because they feel threatened by the ridicule they would face from other posters. lol.

Your thread would not meet the requirements of being relevant or just plain unnecessary when having another thread for the topic.

I agree... that thread grows by too many pages to weed through looking for anything newsworthy. If you miss 8 hours there are 50 pages of mostly people BSing with each other. We need a thread for just the facts with no comments on them. I'm probably breaking rules by posting this in multiple threads but everyone needs to know how they can voice their opinion on the Nets trade to the brass.

We need to email these guys and let them know how we feel and that they CAN'T form another super team.

rhennigan@orlandomagic.com

AMartins@orlandomagic.com

Let's show them how we feel about this NETS trade

we actually did good in this Anderson trade.....we aren't paying him 9 mil per year, and we got back a decent big, and a nice trade exception. for a guy we were either going to overpay, or lose for nothing.

Summer of 2013 is big for us....we need 2 clear cap, stockpile picks and try to get 2 Max free agents.

that's why I prefer dealing w/Houston...get Lamb, White and Martin's expiring, unload Jrich and Duhon

right now we got 32.1 committed in 13 according to Shamsports. that includes Wafers 1.5 which is gone. so that gets us to 30.6, if we can subtract Duhon and Jrich thats another 9.7 off the cap...so that gets us to about 21 mil committed, buyout hedo, that's another 6 free'd up. that puts us at 15 million. add in Jameers new deal, and rookie deals, and we're looking at almost 35 million in caproom next summer IF we do this right.

THAT'S WHY ANY TRADE FOR BROOK LOPEZ IS PURE BULLCRAP