Dan Savage

First Move For Rob Hennigan?

Honestly, if I were GM, I would actually trade Dwight Howard right away. The question is for what and for how much? Typically Centers, much like Dwight Howard, only last for a few years before they start to decline in value. I believe Howard is in that stage, and the Magic would get the most bang for their buck by trading him. The first question is, locating a team that seems desperate for a center. I'm thinking New York Knicks, the LA Lakers, or the OKC Thunder. (I'm sure there are other teams, but I think these teams make the most sense). I think the most profitable destination is the Thunder. They won't give up Durant, but they might give up Westbrook along with some other rising talent, like James Harden, ans Serge Ibaka would be a HUGE score. The question is, do the Thunder have the cap space? I think if the Thunder got rid of those 3 they might bite on Howard, and the Magic would have a blockbuster. I think the Knicks are more difficult. I don't see them giving up Melo. Amare is a tough sell. He, like Howard, is going towards his decline. I am not sold on the Jeremy Lin bandwagon, either. What I could foresee, is the Magic trading Howard for young talent, and draft picks. Without Dwight Howard, the magic really have nothing going for them. Then, Magic fans have to wait out waiting for a special draft pick like Dwight Howard, someday. That can be a very long wait, ask the Sacramento Kings. I really think trying to make a move to the Thunder is the way to go here for the Magic GM, young hungry talent, and a team just on the verge of a championship, may be looking a huge star presence alongside Durant. Howard fits that mold, and keeping Howard doesn't look profitable for the Magic since they don't have solid role players surrounding him to make that push. After this, I would try landing a center like Chris Kaman or Andrew Bynum or Andray Blatche to fill in the gaping hole at center left by Howard. I bet teams would bite on Arenas and Nelson in a combined deal. One center not in the NBA I think deserves a chance is Jeff Foote in the D-League. He was dominating for Cornell and even had quality outings against Kansas, Syracuse, and Wisconsin, but hasn't had a chance in the bigs yet. Give him a chance! Plus, it'll save the Magic money.

• Downvote 13

Honestly, if I were GM, I would actually trade Dwight Howard right away. The question is for what and for how much? Typically Centers, much like Dwight Howard, only last for a few years before they start to decline in value. I believe Howard is in that stage, and the Magic would get the most bang for their buck by trading him. The first question is, locating a team that seems desperate for a center. I'm thinking New York Knicks, the LA Lakers, or the OKC Thunder. (I'm sure there are other teams, but I think these teams make the most sense). I think the most profitable destination is the Thunder. They won't give up Durant, but they might give up Westbrook along with some other rising talent, like James Harden, ans Serge Ibaka would be a HUGE score. The question is, do the Thunder have the cap space? I think if the Thunder got rid of those 3 they might bite on Howard, and the Magic would have a blockbuster. I think the Knicks are more difficult. I don't see them giving up Melo. Amare is a tough sell. He, like Howard, is going towards his decline. I am not sold on the Jeremy Lin bandwagon, either. What I could foresee, is the Magic trading Howard for young talent, and draft picks. Without Dwight Howard, the magic really have nothing going for them. Then, Magic fans have to wait out waiting for a special draft pick like Dwight Howard, someday. That can be a very long wait, ask the Sacramento Kings. I really think trying to make a move to the Thunder is the way to go here for the Magic GM, young hungry talent, and a team just on the verge of a championship, may be looking a huge star presence alongside Durant. Howard fits that mold, and keeping Howard doesn't look profitable for the Magic since they don't have solid role players surrounding him to make that push. After this, I would try landing a center like Chris Kaman or Andrew Bynum or Andray Blatche to fill in the gaping hole at center left by Howard. I bet teams would bite on Arenas and Nelson in a combined deal. One center not in the NBA I think deserves a chance is Jeff Foote in the D-League. He was dominating for Cornell and even had quality outings against Kansas, Syracuse, and Wisconsin, but hasn't had a chance in the bigs yet. Give him a chance! Plus, it'll save the Magic money.

This is the very reason you don't allow grown children to stay home beyond their 40th birthday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :chairshot:

1.) Take care of Dwight, meet with him and do whats necessary in keeping him here.

2.) Hire the Coach, preferably before the draft ....speaking of

3.) Hit the books hard and look at our options for draft night and plan, Draft wisely

4.) Try and make some smart adjustments through the FA period

5.) Execute your vision and mold this team into a Champion

P.S. Dan you can tell him that game tickets would be nice for the blue print above.... ha ha ha ha

Go visit Dwight in LA. Spend a week with him getting to know him. Don't talk about basketball unless Dwight brings it up.

This. Get to you know franchise player and give him the chance to know you. Work on building that trusting relationship.

Then hire Mike Malone.

So will his relationship with OKC maybe open the door to a Westbrook/Ibaka or Harden for Dwight move. I dont see it being likely because who would want to live in OKC? The thought of Durant and Dwight and maybe still maintaining Harden or Westbrook would be vicious. That being said Id love to see Harden or Westbrook as the main show in Orlando. Dont see it happening though.

If I were Henninigan Id be on the red eye right now and know who the next coach was before I left. Let him know he is magic priority number one, two and three. Have some great short and long term ideas for Dwight and tell him the last gm $hit the bed and he wont be doing anything similar to Otis.

Dwight is 26. Do I really need to provide a list of centers that had MVP seasons after the age of 26? I won't get into the fact that you want to replace Howard with Kaman, who really is on the downside of his career, and Blatche, who isn't a center and has the basketball IQ of a lawn gnome.

Typically Centers, much like Dwight Howard, only last for a few years before they start to decline in value.

what....