Sign in to follow this  
VCplusD12

Rob Hennigan named Magic GM

I don't know why everyone is assuming that Hennigan is even going to keep Dwight. Nothing is a given at this point. This is a guy coming from 2 organizations in San Antonio and OKC that are known for their ability to draft and develop young players. I don't think it would be too farfetched to think he trades Dwight for pieces to rebuild, whether it be expiring contracts, draft picks, etc. Not saying that I want Dwight gone, but I do believe that there is a realistic possibility that Hennigan blows this entire thing up.

Regardless of what cultures he came from it would be idiotic of him to not try to convince Dwight to stay long term. I am sure he could swing a good trade for Dwight should the time come, but I would be focused on trying to build around Dwight-thats the quickest way to the finals. And really, as long as Dwight is engaged/healthy, it won't take that much to be back at the top of the league. Really the toughest part of the job will be finding a coach and building a new identity, everything else is childs play as far as I can tell.

Regardless of what cultures he came from it would be idiotic of him to not try to convince Dwight to stay long term. I am sure he could swing a good trade for Dwight should the time come, but I would be focused on trying to build around Dwight-thats the quickest way to the finals. And really, as long as Dwight is engaged/healthy, it won't take that much to be back at the top of the league. Really the toughest part of the job will be finding a coach and building a new identity, everything else is childs play as far as I can tell.

Agreed! Unless he goes to the Bulls or Thunder........any other team to include the Knicks and Boston, the roster that he is traded to will have to be blown up!!!!

The fastest route to a ring for D12 is to stay! Good post Dude!

It is strongly believed that Pacers assistant Brian Shaw, who is well-liked by those in the Orlando organization, is the early favorite.

I don't know why everyone is assuming that Hennigan is even going to keep Dwight. Nothing is a given at this point. This is a guy coming from 2 organizations in San Antonio and OKC that are known for their ability to draft and develop young players. I don't think it would be too farfetched to think he trades Dwight for pieces to rebuild, whether it be expiring contracts, draft picks, etc. Not saying that I want Dwight gone, but I do believe that there is a realistic possibility that Hennigan blows this entire thing up.

I dont see that as a bad thing as long as its done right. With that said I would absolutely hope he tries with every fiber in his body to keep Dwight. I mean we only have two options anyways either he stays or goes?

Aww snap, we've got a general manager son!

And one that actually knows what he is doing. Bonus.

i love that he oversaw the thunder's international and college scouting.

here's to years of getting exciting overlooked value out of the draft hopefully :cheers:

Maybe he can convince Fran and his girlfriend to come over and play. It looks like the days of overpaid deadbeats, uninterviewed and worked out draft picks, trading talent for awful scrubs with long term deals and Chris Duhon are coming to an end. I assumed the wait was for Hennigan since the Thunder were still playing. Someone needs to tell him he shouldnt "like this team" and should bring in some real talent. As Ive said before OKC's janitor would do a better job than Otis so congrats to Martins for getting this one right....but time will tell. I cant wait to see us actually use a draft pick and develop him into something other than an overpaid long term deal attached to a average player.