Sign in to follow this  
VCplusD12

Rob Hennigan named Magic GM

I'm really surprised that this was announced before the finals were over, but glad to get things in motion. I think that the front office has already decided on a coach, Brian Shaw, and will let him take credit for it when it's announced. This guy is an outstanding evaluator of talent on the court, but not sure if his expertise goes beyond that realm, and I'm ok with that. So far, so good.

Heres to hoping that he brings the entire package! I also hope he can sell his program to the cornerstone and get Dwight signed along with Shaw at the helm!!!

:headbang:

I don't know why everyone is assuming that Hennigan is even going to keep Dwight. Nothing is a given at this point. This is a guy coming from 2 organizations in San Antonio and OKC that are known for their ability to draft and develop young players. I don't think it would be too farfetched to think he trades Dwight for pieces to rebuild, whether it be expiring contracts, draft picks, etc. Not saying that I want Dwight gone, but I do believe that there is a realistic possibility that Hennigan blows this entire thing up.