Sign in to follow this  
Soul Bro

Dwight Trade Scenarios

Ibn Battuta

"2nd of all, Luis Scola has 3 years left avg 10mil a season. Where is the cap relief? ",/quote>

Well let's see... we lose the salaries of Dwight 19M, Nelson 7M, Turk 11M, Duhon 3.5M, JRich 6M, & whatever we S&T Anderson for about 7M=53.5M out

and we take in Scola 10M, Dally 7M, Lowry 6M, and some rookie deals= maybe 27-30M. I'm no mathematical genius... I'm just guessing, but it looks to me like we just dumped about 23-26M in salary. Even if we kept Martin as a 13M expiring it looks like we still save 10-13M with 20M from Dally and Martin coming off the books for 2014. we could go into 2014 with only Baby 6.4M and Scola 10M=16M and some rookie deals and possibly QRich's 2.8M PO on the books! I could be wrong but that sure looks like cap relief to me.

Ibn Battuta

(why would a sucky team give a pick for a player like Kevin Martin. Answer: nobody)</quote>

I know he sucks but he DID put up 17 a game last year and hit almost 90% from the line... how many guys did we have on the Magic last season that averaged 17PPG and hit 90% from the line? There must be a team or 2 that would part with a pick for a veteran 13m expiring scorer that put up those numbers.

uhh no. Your math is wrong.

http://games.espn.go...tradeId=7zoggr2

we only get $5mil in immediate cap relief. And nothing in the HOU/ORL trade mentions ryan anderson so why include that.

re: kevin martin. Imagine you are an executive of a high lottery pick team. Would you trade that pick to acquire a one year rental of Kevin Martin? The answer should be NO. NO, you should save that pick for a player who has a good chance of being better than Martin. Besides, why would a lottery team want a guy like Martin? they want to develop young talent, not give [significant] time to a vet.

From my original post "Then we flip Martin and Anderson S&T for the best picks we can get.. 4 picks in the 1st 16... maybe we get lucky and trade Andrrson and a pick for a low pick? We let Nelson walk unless he resigns cheap."

However nowhere in my original post did I even hint a getting a lottery pick for Martin from a lottery team. Grab your reading glasses next time before you post LOL JK

Yes 5M then we let Nelson go (unless he signs cheap) and S&T Anderson as in my original post .

Either Hoopsworld's or NBA TM are wrong on Salaries. HW has Dwight at 19M. I think NBA TM is still using last season's numbers.

You don't make a trade that doesn't put you in a position to acquire another superstar plain and simple. Teams with role players don't win. You get the star, then build the team around him. You don't build a team of solid players then insert a star because after a year or 2, EVERYONE on your team is making 4-6 million with the couple 8-10 guys and you have no cap space.

From my original post "Then we flip Martin and Anderson S&T for the best picks we can get..

I imagine most of us ignored that, since that would be illegal.

4 picks in the 1st 16...

Um, what? You have us trading our pick and receiving two slightly better picks. That's 2. Where are these other two picks coming from? Do you think that your illegal Anderson/Martin trade would land us TWO top 15 picks?

maybe we get lucky and trade Andrrson and a pick for a low pick?

No.

We let Nelson walk unless he resigns cheap."

This isn't CAP space created by your trades. This is CAP space that is created or not created entirely separately, and implying otherwise is laughably intellectually dishonest.

However nowhere in my original post did I even hint a getting a lottery pick for Martin from a lottery team. Grab your reading glasses next time before you post LOL JK

You did imply that he and Anderson would land you two top 15 picks, so I wouldn't be mocking anyone else.

Also: only absolute morons and 14 year old girls write "LOL JK" on message boards in all caps. It's just an invitation for people to think you're stupid, because that's all that conveys.

Also: only absolute morons and 14 year old girls write "LOL JK" on message boards in all caps. It's just an invitation for people to think you're stupid, because that's all that conveys.

Dude, how else were you supposed to know he was laughing out really loud and just kidding really loud?

Also, I'm a 14 year old girl and I take offense to being grouped in with FAN SINCE 89's.

• Upvote 1

Ur hawt jec lololololololololol jk

It's not in all caps so it doesn't count.

Besides, that might make the Magic one of the only teams in NBA history to WANT 4 first-round picks in one draft -- in a draft that has only one for-sure franchise player (who you would not get).

The Washington Wizards had four early picks on their roster the past two years. They didn't even take them all the same season, and it guaranteed that they were one of the worst teams in the league because no one on the team knew how to play in the NBA.

Oh, and if you read the evaluations, this is one of the weakest drafts in years for the point guard position. So, good luck with that.

Trade with the Knicks and the Kings:

To NY: d12 / J-Rich / Duhon / Salmons

To Kings: Chandler / Anthony / 19. Pick from Orlando

To Magic: Evans / Cousins / Garcia / 5. Pick from Sacramento

Why for NY:

With D12 they get their franchise-player. They could also try to sign and trade Lin with capfillers for d-will. If that doesen't work, they could try to get Nash or Kidd.

Why for Sac:

Get the DPOY (Chandler) with a franchise-player in Carmelo! With the 19. Pick they could take Fab Melo, who could learn a lot from Chandler. Sac would also give 2 bad contracts away.

Why for Orl:

Start the rebuild! With Evans and Cousins we get 2 good young players. With the 5. Pick we can get our SF of the future (Barnes). The contract from Garcia and Hedo are non garante after next season. That would give us a lot of cap space! With that cap space we could try to get a player like Harden.

Orl 2013:

Evans/FA/Smith

Harden/JJ/Q-Rich

Barnes/Q-Rich/Clark

Anderson/ Davis

Cousins/Davis

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=7zeq427

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 5

Why for NY:

With D12 they get their franchise-player. They could also try to sign and trade Lin with capfillers for d-will. If that doesen't work, they could try to get Nash or Kidd.

Why for Sac:

Get the DPOY (Chandler) with a franchise-player in Carmelo! With the 19. Pick they could take Fab Melo, who could learn a lot from Chandler. Sac would also give 2 bad contracts away.

Why for Orl:

Start the rebuild! With Evans and Cousins we get 2 good young players. With the 5. Pick we can get our SF of the future (Barnes). The contract from Garcia and Hedo are non garante after next season. That would give us a lot of cap space! With that cap space we could try to get a player like Harden.

Orl 2013:

Evans/FA/Smith

Harden/JJ/Q-Rich

Barnes/Q-Rich/Clark

Anderson/ Davis

Cousins/Davis

http://espn.go.com/n...tradeId=7zeq427

gjge1.jpg

Why for NY:

Why for Sac:

Why for Orl:

Orl 2013:

Evans/FA/Smith

Harden/JJ/Q-Rich

Barnes/Q-Rich/Clark

Anderson/ Davis

Cousins/Davis

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=7zeq427

What a stupid trade, is Cousins the one who is a headcase? if so, I do not want him