Babir_9

2012 Offseason

OT: If Harden hits the open market, I see Rob going after him, HARD. Paired with Bynum, and the right utility defensive player at SF, with a relentless PG always on attack, that would be awesome to watch and compete. Going off rumors and little things I've read here & there:

?PG? <---tough spot to fill. maybe Charlie Westbrook could surprise a lot of heads?

Harden

Ebanks <----trevor Ariza before the lakers with better mid-range game.

Nicholson

Bynum

Don't flame me, but I could see that group gel into a good young team on the rise. And with Shaw as coach, I easily see those 5 fitting the triangle offense. Good mix of offense and defense, high bball IQ, and good size & length all around.

I'm bored and just something to think about.

When does JJ's option have to be picked up by? I get and agree that Orlando doesn't have to rush with Dwight because time is on their side. However, I would tend to believe a resolution will come soon only because it is hard to be active in other trade talks or FA without knowing what our team is.

Option has to be picked up by Saturday or Sunday; not sure which day exactly.

OT: If Harden hits the open market, I see Rob going after him, HARD. Paired with Bynum, and the right utility defensive player at SF, with a relentless PG always on attack, that would be awesome to watch and compete. Going off rumors and little things I've read here & there:

?PG? <---tough spot to fill. maybe Charlie Westbrook could surprise a lot of heads?

Harden

Nicholson

Bynum

Don't flame me, but I could see that group gel into a good young team on the rise. And with Shaw as coach, I easily see those 5 fitting the triangle offense. Good mix of offense and defense, high bball IQ, and good size & length all around.

I'm all for coming up with scenarios, but I need more info on Harden. Beyond the obvious Hennigan/OKC connection, what makes you think that he'd be an option for us? I'm pretty sure that OKC has no plans to let him go and they will surely match any RFA contract he is offered.

Harden

Nicholson

Bynum

I like it. But need a vet PG while westbrook learn.(Cant see him starting right away) and i also like ish smith even tho hes tiny. bench would be jj, earl clark bbd, and kyle O'Quinn. That team would only get better.But with that said idc how okc lets harden get away from them

GM Rob Hennigan tried enhancing the Howard auction. Without prompting, he confirmed to the media — and all other teams — that Howard’s surgically repaired back is fine.

This aside carried a larger message. It had nothing to do with pumping up Howard’s trade value; come on, he’s Dwight Howard, future Hall of Famer. No, what Hennigan did was cleverly launch a pre-emptive strike in case Howard’s camp informs a possible rental team that Dwight’s sacroiliac is acting up.

If the Nets want Howard, they must up the ante, bringing in another team or two. The Magic need to rid themselves of bad contracts and so-so players, not take them back, especially when they are rebuilding.

http://hangtime.blogs.nba.com/2012/07/04/role-reversal-for-howard-magic/

Hey HWNSNBU, Henny's up 3-0 on you now clown.

• Upvote 2

What I was shocked at is that we actually LIKE BROOK LOPEZ

He'd be fine as a role-player, even as a starter, but you wouldn't build a team around him and you sure as hell shouldn't give him a max contract. If you had a great scoring guard or wing? Brook wouldn't be terrible, especially if you had other players who could pick up the (substantial) rebounding slack.

But the way our team's built, we need a strong rebounder and shot blocker in the middle to make up for the defensive deficiencies of our current roster. With Brook, we'd just be the Suns: great offense that can't stop the other team from scoring just as much.

No thank you.

Is there any way that the NETS can Sign Humphrey 30mil a year and trade him to the Magic given their cap situation now?

We could flip Lopez to someone else... say... the kings for tyreke

keep Marshon..

And dump DuDu, QRIch, JRich, Hedo to them for Humphrey's gigantic one year signing?

discuss~

• Downvote 4

Not Gonna Happen D12: Dwight Howard may want to be traded to Brooklyn, however it’s looking increasingly clear that the world is not going to line up quite like Howard expected.

The Magic appear to have no interest in Kris Humphries who would have to be included in any deal just for cap purposes, and it seems Brook Lopez who would be the jewel of the deal – if you can call it that – also doesn’t sound overly interested in Orlando either.

In order to trade Lopez to Orlando, Brook would have to agree to a sign and trade deal and the Magic don’t seem willing to pay him and Lopez doesn’t seem eager to consider it according to his older brother and business adviser Chris.

“He really wants to see it through with the Nets and go to Brooklyn,” Chris Lopez told Fred Kerber of the New York Post. “We’re back in California and he understands the situation, but he wants to remain consistent: He wants to be a Brooklyn Net. He hasn’t played anywhere else and he likes the organization. He wants to be a part of it now that they’re going to be good.”

But would he agree to a sing and trade?

“Honestly, I couldn’t answer that, it’s Brook’s call,” explained Chris Lopez.

That is translated to mean ‘how much are they offering’.

Lopez has said a few times when rumored to be on the move to Orlando last season that he had no issues with Orlando, but now that he has some control Lopez seems less likely to agree.

http://www.hoopsworld.com/nba-on-the-4th-do-they-match-gordon-and-batum