Babir_9

2012 Offseason

I still don't buy it. I get what you're saying, but even our "very good pieces" weren't all that good. They may have been playing well that particular season, but when we ran into a good team, we got crushed.

Thats really not even my point though. The point, again, is that Dwight could never get another star to come team up with him here and neither would Bynum. And we know from experience that you cant win with only one star now.

I didn't say I called us hiring him, and Malone I was trolling.

I said Budz mostly would get looked at if we hired Lindsey, but he makes sense. Long time under Pop, title pedigree, high character, very well respected by the league and his peers.

PING SAYS OUR COACHING SEARCH IS DOWN TO BUDENHOLZER AND CHEEKS AND I CALLED BUDENHOLZER MONTHS AGO HA IM SO SMART YABOYJARETH WHO WANTS TO TEXT ME NOW

Ha I love me some Jareth...Its safe to say I might be a groupie!!

Thats really not even my point though. The point, again, is that Dwight could never get another star to come team up with him here and neither would Bynum. And we know from experience that you cant win with only one star now.

Not that I want Bynum at all but that's a dumb point because we haven't had the cap space for a big time F/A to come here. Don't tell me that if we didn't have max cap available that a star wouldn't come here. Blame Otis for that not Howard.

Not that I want Bynum at all but that's a dumb point because we haven't had the cap space for a big time F/A to come here. Don't tell me that if we didn't have max cap available that a star wouldn't come here. Blame Otis for that not Howard.

It definitely had some to do with Otis' poor strategy, but no star FA's were dying to come here and team up with him that even gave us something to work for. Not saying he wouldn't have screwed it up, but it was never even an option

Please, let's keep this on topic.

I tend to give Ping about as much credibility as a pipe wrench. I picture him thinking to himself, "Hennigan worked in San Antonio and OKC!" Then going to the interweb search field thingy and typing in "San Antonio assistant coaches" and "OK City assistant coaches," seeing the results, and then throwing those names out there.

Pretty much!!!!

The question going forward is ...... did Shaw and/or Malone receive a call/Interview/text........anything??? :huh: :huh: :huh: ??

It definitely had some to do with Otis' poor strategy, but no star FA's were dying to come here and team up with him that even gave us something to work for. Not saying he wouldn't have screwed it up, but it was never even an option

that's not remotely true.

Our main problem with Dwight was that we couldn't have Dwight in to close out games because just about any good team out there could just hack the hell out of him and count on a 50/50 split on the free-throws. That wouldn't be an option with Bynum because he can actually hit free throws. And while I'd never admit this if I didn't think Dwight was on his way out, Bynum has a better all-around offensive game.

I worry about Bynum's knees: he's a legit 7' tall and bad knees on a guy that big who's that young doesn't bode well for his future in this league, but if Dwight's on his way out anyways, I'd rather get a young big (who incidentally happens to be the second best center in the league) and take a chance, at least for a season, rather than a bunch of mid-level guys from the Rockets.

And if it doesn't work? Burn the house down and rebuild in the offseason; anything's better than another season of the drama we just went through.