Babir_9

2012 Offseason

@EyeMaxMostly

@DwightHoward - I hope you get bleach on your favorite shirt, & you go to order a new one, only to find they don't make it anymore. *******

By coming out and denying this blackmail story while also mentioning once again that he will only resign with one team he has screwed the Magic all over again, does anyone really think ANY team will give up their assets in a trade when he is so adamant on Brooklyn? Only hope we have is King contines to fail and locks up their cap space so they are not players when he is a FA next year. Fu Dwight seriously

never draft a star center again

Technically we didn't.

Dwight was a power forward when we drafted him. He didn't become a center until later.

maybe his back won't be ready for the start of the season. he comes back late, we suck. forces the nets to do somehting to have a team to start the season for deron and blow their cap. we make some trade at the deadline to non-nets for all exprirings and any picks we can muster or maybe dumping hedo/duhon/etc. continue to suck the remainder of the season. get our own good picks, and all expirings come off books same as dwight would have. ruin dwights season too. and force him to sign with nets as free agent for less money/years.

changing my name from stu to stew.

We can't expect any of his team-mates to want to play with him this year. Sure they are professionals, but that is exactly why the management needs to NOT put Dwight ob the court with them.

@Chris_Broussard: source says Golden State still willing to trade for Dwight Howard without having commitment from him beyond next season

I like what Golden State has to offer but I want no part of Bogut's, Lee's or Biedrin's contract. Unless they can get a third team to take one of them, I don't see it happening.

I would never do anything to hurt my city....except publically say that I will not resign with any team except the one team that I want to go to that has absolutley nothing that can help my current team/city.

Billy King should have Brooklynn in cap hell by the end of the week, I say we trade Dwight where ever WE want (I know, that is a crazy idea) and when his FA rolls around let him walk like he is threatening to do. Where will you go Dwight when the only teams with cap room are the team you are on and Cha?? Maybe you can sit on a park bench in that city and cry about that as well.

• Upvote 2

anyone catch this?

"This was not the first time [that I asked for trade]," Howard said. "I communicated this to [Magic president] Alex [Martins] and [former general manager] Otis [smith] way before Friday that I wanted to be traded – months before this meeting with Rob Hennigan. That was all way before Stan [Van Gundy] got fired.

from the Woj article

after all that loyalty bull****, he basically told them right after he wanted a trade again.

*****ing douchebag

I would never do anything to hurt my city....except publically say that I will not resign with any team except the one team that I want to go to that has absolutley nothing that can help my current team/city.

Billy King should have Brooklynn in cap hell by the end of the week, I say we trade Dwight where ever WE want (I know, that is a crazy idea) and when his FA rolls around let him walk like he is threatening to do. Where will you go Dwight when the only teams with cap room are the team you are on and Cha?? Maybe you can sit on a park bench in that city and cry about that as well.

I'm beginning to think that just letting his 19mil come off the books is the best way to do this. There's no way the Magic can get fair value for Dwight. I think the team would need to bring in a 3rd or even 4th party that would allow us to ditch the Over-sized Infant, Turk, Duhon, and maybe even J and Q-Rich, while taking back nothing but draft picks and expirings. I don't know of any team that's able to absorb cap hits like that, maybe someone here does?

YaBoyR I have supported Dwight for a very long time... but I think we are well beyond him having control of trying to figure out what he's going to do. The Magic will field all offers and then trade him for the best package fairly quickly. He's done here. Brooklyn has nothing to offer and will not have cap space next year. Dwight may end up there one day but it won't be this year or next. My guess is that he'll be playing 2nd fiddle behind Kobe so he might as well just send for his things. I wish Dwight the best and when he grows up I hope he'll look back at the mess he created and I hope he'll look in the mirror and say WTF?

In the mirror, WTF is FTW.

Dwight loves this city and organization SO much that he publicly states these FANTASTIC comments that drive whatever trade value he has down even MORE.

Alright. Thanks, man.