Babir_9

2012 Offseason

This isn't a boyfriend girlfriend relationship where you have to play hard-to-get. This is business. You want your superstar to stay? You don't want history to repeat itself with Shaq? Work on it then. If you aren't willing to get on the phone and call your superstar, don't get disappointed when he leaves.

Martins can't have it both ways. He can't say "OMG I CANT BELIEVE D12 JUST LEFT OUR FRANCHISE BUT I WASNT WILLING TO CALL HIM ANYWAYS LOLOLOL"

If he doesn't want to call him, then trade him. If he wants him to stay, pick up the damn phone.

/argument

I actually really like your analogy with the boyfriend girlfriend relationship. In that light, it's not up to Martins or anyone in the Magic organization to call Dwight and tell him they love him and they want him to stay. Dude's got several million reasons why he should know the organization wants him to stay. When you're getting paid millions and millions of dollars by a group, you should know that group wants you around. A phone call > millions and millions of dollars? Sorry, I don't see it.

And I don't think Shaq left us because we didn't call him. He left because LA offered more money, and he wanted to be a movie star.

Marc Stein ‏@ESPNSteinLine

Trade story add: Dwight obviously Rockets' dream target but sources say they'll pursue Atlanta's Josh Smith (and others) if ORL won't budge

Expand

Reply Retweet Favorite

12m Marc Stein ‏@ESPNSteinLine

Houston is presumably going to have to manufacture multiple top-10 picks to get Orlando intrigued. But that's direction Rockets are headed

Expand

Reply Retweeted Favorite

19m Marc Stein ‏@ESPNSteinLine

Ball headed for new ORL GM's court. By all accounts Hennigan does NOT want to rush into Dwight deal. But if HOU offers fistful of firsts ...

Expand

Reply Retweeted Favorite

Atlanta definitely will take any deal Houston gives them for Smith sense Ferry is cleaning up the roster. F**K

This would be the year to stockpile mid 1st rounders....most years would have Marshall and Sullinger (even with some doubts) as sure fire lottery picks.

I still want a pick in the top 8 from the Rockets but it looks like they are making the moves that could net them one.

I'm on board with the Houston trade, I hope they can get the picks and we decide to part ways with Dwight. I understand that even lottery picks aren't sure things and that none of them might not become a franchise player but oh well, Dwight wants out so I say we show him the door and start fresh.

Sources say Houston has an offer of Lowry, the #14 and #16 picks for Tyreke Evans and the #5 pick on the table. Up to Sacramento to decide.

Just curious does anyone know why we wouldn't take Kmart + Lowry plus their 3 picks for howard and Turk? or have them turn 2 of their picks into 1 lottery and package lowry, Kmart + 1 lotery and 1 mid first round for Howard and Turk. I think Lowry is a good piece to build on and Kmart's not terrible.

Sources say Houston has an offer of Lowry, the #14 and #16 picks for Tyreke Evans and the #5 pick on the table. Up to Sacramento to decide.

Tyreke and the 5th

then they flip Tyreke and the 18th for another top 10 pick

Pretty good offer for both teams. I think Evans would excel playing under McHale, considering he seems to get the best out of guys.

Source?

Source?

Sam Amick tweeted that 2 sources have shot down that rumor. Houston is not offering that package for Evans.