Babir_9

2012 Offseason

I'm not an expert, and I may be speaking out if turn, and this MAY be a new thing, but I think you can package picks/players to move up or down in the draft. So while 7, 14, and 19 hypothetically might not look good, it could turn into 2 or 3 depending in the teams picking.

But I'm probably just an idiot. I'll stick to posting nonsense.

No, this was a really good point. No need to post nonsense.

I'm not an expert, and I may be speaking out if turn, and this MAY be a new thing, but I think you can package picks/players to move up or down in the draft. So while 7, 14, and 19 hypothetically might not look good, it could turn into 2 or 3 depending in the teams picking.

But I'm probably just an idiot. I'll stick to posting nonsense.

That's a lot harder than I think people realize though. Rockets tried desperately to do that this year and it didn't work. Teams aren't usually looking to trade down and if they are, it's because they've fallen out of the range of the "elite" pick(s) and see similar value down the board.

I mean the Cavs offered like 1 million picks to move up TWO spots from 4 to 2 and the Bobkitties wouldn't take it. We're talking moving from 7-10 up to a top 2-3 pick? Unrealistic goal.

Final time I say this, but this is the NBA. Quality >>>>> quantity; especially when it comes to the draft. So the Rockets offering a bunch of "role player picks" for Dwight Howard wasn't ever going to get it done. And Kyle Lowry is/was a better asset than the Raptors pick (the Raps won't be all that terrible this year, probably the 9-10 team in East). If they trade Camby to the Celtics or Heat or some other contender, let's just slot in another bottom 10 pick. And throw in their two rookies or even 3 if you want to get crazy and you're essentially getting (give or take a couple spots on the picks)

Pick 10, 12, 13,14,16,18 or something like that (again, just ballparking here). That's something you can build off of? Absolutely not. I know we want to think Hennigan is this huge "build through the draft" guy but comparing the two situations is moronic. The Thunder had 3 top-5 picks and then made a great selection late with Ibaka to be a shot blocker. They traded their Royce White in Jeff Green for a legitimate center, again though; another role player.

So when you say "youth and picks" sure it sounds great, but when the youth and picks aren't quality, they're just a large quantity, it doesn't make any sense.

So we trade him for bynum so that we can the 7 or 8th seed in the playoffs and have 1 pick around 17 in the draft. I think if we trade with houston we will be bad this year and have a top 5 pick, the raptors wont be good so probably a top 10 pick there, and the camby trade or whatever we get for martin would get us another pick in the teens. Plus I think Lamb is gonna be a pretty good scorer when he develops.

I watch the Hornets as much as I watch the Magic. Ayon is a good prospect, already a pretty damn good rebounder. I saw someone posted highlights from the Thunder game, another big game he had was against the Knicks during the Linsanity run. I don't think Ayon will ever be Anderson, but honestly, until a coach is hired we have no clue what system is going to be run and what players fit and don't fit. So really, I don't know if this is a good trade or a bad trade for Orlando. Talent for talent wise it's a bad trade, but that's not the only factor in these things.

• Upvote 1

That's a lot harder than I think people realize though. Rockets tried desperately to do that this year and it didn't work. Teams aren't usually looking to trade down and if they are, it's because they've fallen out of the range of the "elite" pick(s) and see similar value down the board.

I mean the Cavs offered like 1 million picks to move up TWO spots from 4 to 2 and the Bobkitties wouldn't take it. We're talking moving from 7-10 up to a top 2-3 pick? Unrealistic goal.

stop talking like you know everything. It's seriously annoying.

You have no idea what was and wasn't discussed among teams. Stop making these built-in assumptions based on what you think is true.

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

Ken Berger:Vasquez, Orlando's '05 lottery pick, is at the end of Spanish League deal. There's been optimism that he'll finally join Magic next season

Read more: http://hoopshype.com...l#ixzz204Akij8k

It's been said every single offseason since 2006, amirite?