Babir_9

2012 Offseason

For the Love of the Game, I was a season holder when T. Lue was our starting pg. Keep trying to justify that Nets deal if it makes you feel better. Any lifelong Magic fan realizes it's a terrible trade.

• Upvote 4

Which is why I actually view this as a perfect moment for the teams to regain some control over the "stars". My plan is to not trade Dwight, but not let him play either. The second he starts becoming a problem in the lockerroom, we DNP him for as long as we have to (just like we did with Davis). Maybe have our team doctors say his back isn't fully healed and he can't play yet? But he should be parked at the end of the bench and made to watch how a TEAM operates and maybe see the hunger he once had for this game in our rookies, before all the endorsements, before all the agents. He spends the entire season sitting there watching, then you let him walk and then the only teams that can afford him (aside from us, the team that made him what he is today), are the ones he wouldn't want to play for. This does two things: One, it opens up a fair sized chunk of cap space, but also a Dwight-less Magic team probably only wins a handful of games, meaning we should also have a pretty high draft pick.

Yeah, that makes us look spiteful to the rest of the NBA, but it should also send a very clear message for anyone who wants to put on a Magic uniform: You're either going to be a fan of the game and want to play Magic ball, or you can play somewhere else. There's always going to be those players whose love of the game overshadows their egos, and maybe, just maybe, we can get some of the "stars" to recognize they're not greater than the game itself. The whole "I'll only play for X team" is starting to get old real fast.

But that will not happen

• Downvote 1

I meant that it would make sense according to Ping from 2 days ago when he said Magic in talks with sixers.. And I actually think Sixers would do this because they are ready to move Iggy. Either way I would still never trade Dwight to the Nets. He will never be able to just walk there as a FA.

Heck, if they want to move Iggy that bad, Turk for Iggy straight up works.

Edit: Heck, Turk AND Duhon for Iggy works. Throw in a 1st if we need to lol. I know it has no chance of happening, just think it'd be nice if something broke our way for once.

Your right, I give up too. I am done, finished, burnt out, kiss my @ss good bye. Better yet, I'll just push you off the ledge with the others. See my previous post and tell me that you believe the picks in 15 and 17 would be worthless. I will add to the age factor of wallace and johnson in 15 and 17 and give you Howard will no longer be a young gun then since he has been in the league since he was 18 and could have arthritis in his back at that age.

Barring injuries to Dwight or DWill those picks will be worthless, as in mid-late 20s. Yeah JJ and Wallace will be 33 but Dwight and DWill will still be in their prime and that's all that matters

If Dwight is traded, then we need the best deal possible (F the Nets)..... However "I Would let him walk" if he feels the need to leave. Saving that money and applying it to someone who really wants to be the face of a team, is the best move.

I still don't like that trade. We're getting rid of Hedo and Howard for Lopez (Who would need to sign a new contract) and Iggy who's contract is just like Hedo's. As good as Iggy may be, he's not a player to build around. He's a player you can add to your already really good team.

It would be nice to be able to get rid of Howard, Hedo, Davis and J-Rich for nothing but expiring contracts while being able to tank.

If it comes to trading Dwight, it sounds like our front office is doing it right. The Nets trade was garbage before and it's even more so now. Why would we do them a favor by basically giving them the best center in the game for pocketchange?

We wouldn't.

Someone in the league will be willing to give us something more than a few late-round picks and banged up benchwarmers. And I still say our best chances for success lie in breaking through Dwight's HWNSNBU-barrier and convincing the guy that Orlando is his best option.

The nets can offer all they want.

Honestly, I believe that D12 will eventually sign the long term deal with the magic. He needs to stay away from the media as possible and Brooklyn is not the place.

He needs to fire his people and start fresh. The magic organization already fired everybody for him. They also want to start fresh.

If D12 does not want to sign, then keep him as a rental to work with the other young guys in the team and let his contract come off our cap.

Next year, we will have plenty of cap space to hire anyone. Hedo and Duhon will be on their last year and we can be creative.

No need to stress with this. D12 is more valuable to us if we keep him. Even if we trade him by the deadline., we might ended up getting the same package as of now from the Nets. If that is going to happen, let them play without D12 and see if the 2013 has more value than if they use D12 since the start of the season.

ROB BE PATIENT! WE BELIVE IN YOU! I don't think he heard me but my wife did!

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

If Dwight is traded, then we need the best deal possible (F the Nets)..... However "I Would let him walk" if he feels the need to leave. Saving that money and applying it to someone who really wants to be the face of a team, is the best move.

Cap space to rebuild with has got to be a priority when there isn't a player being acquired that is worth using cap space on. Ideally, we'd get as much cap space as possible AND as many draft picks as possible. So, the question becomes is there a deal that would be the equivalent of letting Dwight walk at the end of the 2012-2013 season (i.e., getting $19M in cap space for his slot) PLUS draft picks? A bonus would be getting Dwight's cap space, draft picks AND additional cap space by dumping Hedo and/or others.

Under the Broussard-rumored Brooklyn trade, Brook Lopez and Kris Humphries would have to be signed by BKL to new deals. My question becomes: Is it possible for those new contracts to count against the Magic's cap for 1 year only? In other words, could they come off of the Magic's cap at the end of the 2012-2013 season just like Dwight's deal would? If the anwer is YES, then doing the deal with Brooklyn COULD be the equivalent for salary cap purposes of keeping Dwight and letting him walk at the end of the season, except in this scenario, the Magic would not only get Dwight's $19M in cap space, but would also gain other assets in the form of draft picks, Marshon Brooks, and possibly dumping Hedo on them as well to create even more cap space.

The nets can offer all they want.

Honestly, I believe that D12 will eventually sign the long term deal with the magic. He needs to stay away from the media as possible and Brooklyn is not the place.

He needs to fire his people and start fresh. The magic organization already fired everybody for him. They also want to start fresh.

If D12 does not want to sign, then keep him as a rental to work with the other young guys in the team and let his contract come off our cap.

Next year, we will have plenty of cap space to hire anyone. Hedo and Duhon will be on their last year and we can be creative.

No need to stress with this. D12 is more valuable to us if we keep him. Even if we trade him by the deadline., we might ended up getting the same package as of now from the Nets. If that is going to happen, let them play without D12 and see if the 2013 has more value than if they use D12 since the start of the season.

ROB BE PATIENT! WE BELIVE IN YOU!

This. I just don't see a trade out there that would come even close to make losing Dwight worth it. Granted, in these situations, you never get equal value, but come on: the deals from other teams are similar to "I'll take your brand new car, but don't worry! I'll take a dump on you first."

Better to just hang onto him, see if he calms down from the drama of last year or, if not, he walks and we have gobs of cap space (as opposed to worthless players and late-round draft picks).

For the Love of the Game, I was a season holder when T. Lue was our starting pg. Keep trying to justify that Nets deal if it makes you feel better. Any lifelong Magic fan realizes it's a terrible trade.

Soul Bro, I put my IF in there which is the length of the sign and trades. I actually like Brooks through. This trade would not make us good by any stretch and we would surely be in the lottery for a few years regardless of if Howard walks or is traded. Trading gives us young players in Brooks and Lopez and added picks. Everyone assumes the picks will be poor, but stuff happens that could change that in a hurry. By the way, like you I am a life long Magic fan.

Adrian Wojnarowski @WojYahooNBA 8m

So far, this is true: Orlando hasn't seen an offer from any team that it believes is enough to seriously consider trading Howard now.

View details ·