Babir_9

2012 Offseason

I wasn't serious, except that I really do want Dwight and Rob to develop a secret handshake.

Also, I only have one tweet (I recently deleted the other one) and I'm kick a**, so I wouldn't put too much into tweet count.

Haha oh my bad, yeah I think he just created that account. I hope Dwight and Rob develop some secret handshake as well

YBR,

Could you maybe get an idea of what Rob has planned to improve this team right now? Or if the plan is just to clear space for next year.

Right now I have no clue what Rob's trying to do on his end

Fab Melo... I can't stop thinking how weird that name is. I have this image in my mind every time I hear it...

FabMelo.jpg

I've had the same thoughts as well. Athletes who whine over their "treatment" and play the "feel for me" game, they don't get much sympathy from me because I know they make tens or even hundreds of MILLIONS to play the game they love (or at least, love to get paid for it) yet I work every day from 9 to 6 and my life income won't even get close to what they get for just one season. Or half. Their lifestyle is something I can never dream of having or enjoying. I guess these guys don't really know or understand how good they have it.

I get your point however if that whining player were increasing the money in my pocket and value of my team to the tune of a few hundred million dollars a year I would go by some kleenex and knee pads and beg like crazy. Thats a lot of coin I can tolerate an awful lot for that kind of money. He may only put the ball through the hoop but he is a top 5 player in the world and essentially a one in a billion talent. If you have one in a billion talent and apply it you usually get paid quite well. Ask Zuckerberg, Gates, Jobs and Ellison. Heck they just made electronic toys.

ybr does dwight like playing with ryan anderson cause im trying to figure out what player the magic could offer the kings to get there 5th pick. Him being from there maybe he wants to go back home

A more relevant question might be does Ryan, or any of his Magic teammates, want to play with Dwight after last year's drama?

I get your point however if that whining player were increasing the money in my pocket and value of my team to the tune of a few hundred million dollars a year I would go by some kleenex and knee pads and beg like crazy. Thats a lot of coin I can tolerate an awful lot for that kind of money. He may only put the ball through the hoop but he is a top 5 player in the world and essentially a one in a billion talent. If you have one in a billion talent and apply it you usually get paid quite well. Ask Zuckerberg, Gates, Jobs and Ellison. Heck they just made electronic toys.

My take, too. I won't go too deep into the economics of it, but he's paid that well because people are willing to pay him that well for what he does.

It may just be putting a ball through a hoop (or knocking a ball that someone else is trying to put through the hoop into the third row), but he's playing against other people that are paid to do the same thing. And even the worst player in the NBA is likely better than anyone posting on these boards (except Duhon, because...I mean, come ON).

And look at what we're doing: we're talking about him. We're entertained by him and this sport. They're not even doing anything right now and we're STILL discussing it.

A more relevant question might be does Ryan, or any of his Magic teammates, want to play with Dwight after last year's drama?

An even more relevant question is who cares about Dwight's teammates because they're all terrible at basketball

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

An even more relevant question is who cares about Dwight's teammates because they're all terrible at basketball

Dwight has teammates? I'm quite sure they were just fans wearing Magic merchandise running around the court without security doing anything about it...

The scuttlebutt is Orlando may be on the brink of trading all-world center Dwight Howard.

A slew of teams are interested in taking Howard off the Magic’s hands, including Portland and Houston .

Portland is in position to offer the Magic their two top 10 draft picks — Nos. 6 and 11 — along with a couple of players.