Sign in to follow this  
Marc Acres 3:16

The Super Colossal Mega-Awesome 2013 Offseason Move (Insert Echo-Effect) Thread, Thread, Thread, Thread

I think Atlanta is the team we talk to this offseason,if they get swept in the 1rd,I could see ATL blowing it up.Of course we would have to take back Joe Johnson contract,but it would be worth it to get Josh Smith.Dude is really starting to become a star,plus he's Dwight best friend,im sure Dwight would sign long term if we could get his best friend.Also Joe Johnson would be the go-to guy to get this team over the hump.

Dwight/Jsmoove/Johnson could beat anyteam in the league.

Assuming Atlanta wanted to "blow it up", and assuming they were willing to help us out, how do you propose we actually acquire Johnson and Smith. What group of players would you see Orlando offering, and Atlanta accepting, in terms of a trade?

JJ,Anderson,Turk,1rd for Jsmoove,Johnson

It may not be a fair trade,but if Atlanta wants to move Johnson's contract,were really the only team who would actually take it on.

Just how much are you paying Anderson this summer to make that deal actually work as far as salaries are concerned? 12-13 Million a year?

It may not be a fair trade,but if Atlanta wants to move Johnson's contract,were really the only team who would actually take it on.

Any Magic GM who'd even entertain that trade should be fired on the spot.

Then decapitated.

My issue is I don't think a team with JJ, Smooth and D12 wins it all. I really don't, and then we'd be strapped with JJ's deal ... forever (90 million over four years ... after this year!). If we are going all in towards a championship, we need to get an incredible point guard or go-to guy. Ideally, it'd be a young gun like Harden. I'd even take a flyer on E. Gordon.

It also would be nice to grab AND play some talented first rounder this summer, while adding or trading Franny for an additional player or pick.

To end, my biggest concern come July is overpaying Ryan. That is why we need someone like Walsh, not Otis, drawing up the macro plan and sticking to it.

Any Magic GM who'd even entertain that trade should be fired on the spot.

Then decapitated.

Why? Nelson, Johnson, QRICH, JSMOOVE, D12 has 3 lockdown defenders, Johnson who is solid, and gives you 4 guys who can go for 20 when they want. Bench is weak but with that core, you'll attract guys like a Battier who will play for the MLE.

I love Anderson but his value is as a trade chip rather than a cornerstone.

1. The only lockdown defender in that lineup is Dwight. Smith's man to man defense is only a hair above average; his defensive value is as a weakside help-defender. I'm not even sure who you think the third lockdown defender would be.

2. Joe Johnson can only put up big numbers when he's allowed to dominate the ball in a way he never would or should be allowed to here and because he played huge minutes. Adjust his minutes and usage to league average, and suddenly Johnson is....well, Hedo Turkoglu 3 years ago with average defense, but for 5x as much money.

Trading for Joe Johnson would be almost like the VC disappointment except Johnson has a horrendous contract and Vince had a team friendly deal.

We also didn't get a player like Josh Smith in that deal. As good as Anderson is.

Lockdown - QRICH, JSMOOVE, D12