Sign in to follow this  
For the love of the game

Season predictions

I know the season is still young, but I am starting to really like this team. Looking at the rest of the East we look pretty good.

Miami has the "big three" but until James proves he can step up in big games, not sold on them. Looks like they have a good young pg, but no one at center.

Celtics are looking really old so far.

Atlanta is 3-0, but two wins are against the Nets! I know we have beaten the Nets and the Bobcats, just feel we are still better.

Knicks might be good this year, but looks like they are looking for Baron Davis to return from injury to start at PG. Didn't he hardly play on a bad Cavs team last year?

Bulls look good this year. I have never been a fan of Boozer and feel he is overrated and Anderson looks improved and Baby is better than Bass

Indiana looks improved, but real young.

While we don't have any superstars other than Howard, this team is starting to look a little like the finals team.

What do ya'll think?

Miami is probably the team that will come out of the east.

I wouldn't be surprised if we made it out of the first round this year.

I wouldn't be surprised if the Heat went undefeated this year. I think we'll meet the Heat in the playoffs, though.

You wouldn't be surprised if a team won 66 games in a row, many of those games being back to back to back to backs?

I sure as hell would. . .

Heat so far have struggled against middle of the road teams in the Bobcats and TWolves. Their first blowout on Dallas was diminished because of the Nuggets doing the exact same thing on Dallas's home floor, and their other win was against a struggling Celtics team without Pierce, who also hadn't yet won a game and lost to both the Knicks and Hornets (in a blowout).

No, they do not look like they are going to dominate as they are expected to do, but I do think they will get one of the top 2 seeds. Chicago is also not looking all too strong in their wins (their biggest one being against a Bynum-less LA team that lost to the Kings the following night). We need to wait a few weeks before crowning anyone. I don't think anyone in the East looks particularly dominant.

I do say OKC looks good out West, Portland will be a sleeper team, and the Pacers are looking like a solid 4-6 seed East team in the early goings.

Knicks, Boston, Miami, and Chicago all predicted top teams in the East, falling short of expectations. Not sure what to think of Atlanta, but they play the Heat this week.

I wouldn't be surprised if the Heat went undefeated this year. I think we'll meet the Heat in the playoffs, though.

I would

But I'd also be surprised if they didn't win the title this year.

Orlando Magic playing like a top 3 East team IF they continue to play this way. You can never count us out as long as D12 is on our team. Facilitating Hedo while making 3's -- wow -- just hope Hedo can keep that up. JJ looks inspired. Ryno has increased his value -- hope it continues. The team as is can contend in East, but may falter vs. Western Conference team like OKC, Memphis, or Portland. Could use a midseason pickup on a big man. Wish Otis wasn't sleeping when Dalembert became available. Otis has a log in the guard position with unused Liggins and Wafer. Dalembert would have been a nice backup for Dwight, and Davis can backup Ryno.

I think the Magic will be the SURPRISE team of the season. I'm betting we get to the FINALS ... and win.

• Upvote 2

Heat for Number #1 Seed

Magic for Number #2 Seed

Bulls For Number #3 Seed

I'm okay with this. Guarantees we don't worry about the Heat until the ECF and I think of the two we match up best with the Bulls.