Drain-O

The Official Dwight Howard Everything Thread

Duhon's been better this year. He's just not a spark, flashy, or puts up numbers really anywhere. He's pure vanilla.

He's just worthless. Doesn't really do anything, and I hate having to watch him post up to get across half court. Watching Duhon makes me miss the days of Anthony Johnson being the backup point.

I agree he is better than he was last year and he isn't pure unbelievable dog ****, but he really provides us with nothing. Not sure why fans have been giving him a pass but let BBD have it. Like I said, I'm guessing it is because Magic fans didn't like him before hand.

Duhon's been better this year. He's just not a spark, flashy, or puts up numbers really anywhere. He's pure vanilla.

He's not the same guy he was in Chicago, I don't know what the heck happened to him. He was never flashy but he was dependable and he defended well. My biggest beef with him now is the guy seems terrified to shoot the ball, he gets a wide open look and half the time he looks to move the ball and loses the opportunity or he waits forever to pump the guy running him off the line and then looks to move the ball. It's a problem because everytime I see him do it we usually end up with a bad shot because the ball is ending up in someones hands with 2 seconds left on the clock. The guy can shoot a respectable percentage, just take the damn shot.

He's not the same guy he was in Chicago, I don't know what the heck happened to him. He was never flashy but he was dependable and he defended well. My biggest beef with him now is the guy seems terrified to shoot the ball, he gets a wide open look and half the time he looks to move the ball and loses the opportunity or he waits forever to pump the guy running him off the line and then looks to move the ball. It's a problem because everytime I see him do it we usually end up with a bad shot because the ball is ending up in someones hands with 2 seconds left on the clock. The guy can shoot a respectable percentage, just take the damn shot.

Actually he had 2 decent seasons in NYK before coming here. Then Otis splashed out, and he regressed tremendously.

• Downvote 1

Actually he had 2 decent seasons in NYK before coming here. Then Otis splashed out, and he regressed tremendously.

I think those 2 season's of putting up numbers had a lot to do with playing pg for D'Antoni. I didn't think much of his D when he was in NY, nothing like how he was in Chi.

You have to think of a trade that fits what we do.....

We play a "In and Out" offense, where currently our Center does the damage on the inside or runs high pick and rolls. The other players will stay on the outside and wait for the ball and shoot for the 3.

You trade Dwight and Pick up Bynum, so that offensive scheme would still be in place. You pick up Nash, which isnt bad because he is good at the pick and rolls. However you get Hakeem who is a 20% 3P shooter.... that would be failure for the system and would hurt it tremendously. Turk's ability to pick and roll and drain the 3 is what is keeping him here, and what has got us to the finals.

So unless you change the system, these players would lose more games than what is predicted by a computer generated odds maker.

Side Note: I havent seen one good trade yet from anyone here..... Because im about keeping Howard.

My season ticket holder friend who knows some mid-level personnel in Magic organization said JR Smith is being heavily recruited by Magic. There may be truth to ESPN rumors. He also said getting Deron here has become a priority. Whether or not this means D12 has turned the corner I dunno. Just a little pearl. Until something officially happens, I will hold my breath. But a shift has happened this week. I hope Dwight makes a public announcement recruiting Deron to Orlando soon. Any rumors on NJ's end about Deron's desire to play there or anywhere else?

My season ticket holder friend who knows some mid-level personnel in Magic organization said JR Smith is being heavily recruited by Magic. There may be truth to ESPN rumors. He also said getting Deron here has become a priority. Whether or not this means D12 has turned the corner I dunno. Just a little pearl. Until something officially happens, I will hold my breath. But a shift has happened this week. I hope Dwight makes a public announcement recruiting Deron to Orlando soon. Any rumors on NJ's end about Deron's desire to play there or anywhere else?

V5AW6.gif

• Upvote 2

If the Magic are really going after Deron, they wouldnt bother with JR Smith who would hurt our efforts of clearing the space to get him.

I dont see us getting Deron. I do not believe NJ would ever deal with us since they want Dwight so bad. I am really starting to believe we are going to get JR Smith with the plan of trading either Jrich or JJ and maybe even both. The Magic want to keep Dwight...JR is Dwight's friend. Magic want a player that can create his own shot, and JR is that guy. Now here is the thing, if we get JR Smith we can then target Steve Nash and Ellis hard. If the Magic were to offer both JRich and JJ for Ellis. I thing GSW might do that. Ellis is just two small to be their starting SG. You get the bigger JRich who is playing lights out, and the high Basketball IQ JJ...they just might do that. JRich has a PER of 15.8 and JJ has a PER of 16.2 ... Ellis has a PER of 19.1 So its not that far off.

A team of:

Dwight/Clark

Ryno/Baby

Turk/Q

JR/Wafer

Ellis/Nelson/Dudu

Would most likely make Dwight stay the long term.

If we did bring in JR I personally think the Magic would not look for Ellis, unless they are trying to make JR more of an off the bench threat. I believe Orlando would rather turn their attention to Steve Nash (or some other available assist type player say like Hinrich). Or if Arielle is right, dare I say Deron Williams.