Drain-O

The Official Dwight Howard Everything Thread

KevinDing profile

Kobe was also NBA's highest-paid player with endorsements ($53 million total); followed by LeBron ($49m) and Dwight ($29m).

3rd highest in small little Orlando hey D12....hmmmmmmmm

Big drop between 2 and 3...

If $20 mil means that much to him then $30 mil should mean even more!!

[/quote

That is 20 million per year vs 30 million over the length of the contract! Dwight should blame his agent for signing with adidas instead of Nike while he is at it.huge difference in lebron and Kobe and dwight.

Yes, but usually it's just people who are attacking me just because it's me.

That time it was specifically about how I wasn't supporting the team and that I was wrong, etc etc etc.

It's why I couldn't stop laughing at the board when Dwight's trade demand first surfaced. The same people who were telling me how stupid I was for thinking those trades were stupid 13 months ago were now claiming that Otis was an idiot for making them.

you have a high opinion of yourself.

People probably attack you, because you think you're the Red Auerbach of basketball websites, no DOM you don't know everything, and just because someone disagrees, doesn't mean you have to be condescending towards those w/differing opinions

• Upvote 3

A lot of people talk about Gilbert, but Hedo was the true killer in that trade. I honestly will not hate on Otis for the Arenas/Lewis swap. Rashard was and has declined in a big way and Otis rolled the dice that Gil could've been the spark we needed, it failed and he got amnestied. If he didn't make the trade, Shard probably would've been amnestied too. But we're stuck with Hedo's awful contract and now J-Rich for several years because Otis foolishly re-signed him.

I miss Gortat and Pietrus way more than I thought I would.

Pietrus can barely play......trading Gortat however, was stupid

All indications from sources close to (Dwight) Howard are that, while his list of preferred teams also included the Mavericks, he’d love to wind up in a star center like Los Angeles or New York, which would leave out bucolic Boston. But his repeated reverence for the Celtics fairly begged the question.

And even though we don’t believe this is a team of his dreams, we do know that the Celts will have a great deal of money to throw at a free agent or two in the next offseason. And if Howard is still available — if the Magic don’t blink and move him before the March deadline — C’s president Danny Ainge will undoubtedly put in a call to Team Dwight.

The question is whether he’ll answer.

“Always. Always,” Howard told the Herald. “I’d always listen to a team like that.

“You know,” said Howard, “you look at a team like Boston and look at a team like LA who’s won . . . especially Boston. Man, those guys came together and they didn’t care who scored all the points. They had done all the individual stuff.”

“I want to win a championship, and it takes a certain type of team to win a championship. You know, there’s a lot of teams who are great during the regular season. They play well, but it’s different once you play in those playoffs, you know? It’s gut-check time."

“I told the Magic how I felt at the beginning of the year. They decided they weren’t going to do anything, so I said, ‘OK, I’m here. I’m going to play until I can’t play no more.’ You know, I don’t have no problems with being here. I want to win. That’s what I told them. So as long as I’m here — as long as they keep me around — I’m going to play hard every night and try to win a championship.

http://www.bostonher...elt#articleFull

Wow. Dwight is flat out calling out this team and Magic management and ownership. What I hear him saying is, "The guys on the Magic can't win when it matters in the playoffs."

Do you agree? Disagree? Think he should be saying this to the media?

I agree. We aren't winning a championship with this roster. That said, superstars are supposed to carry their teams past these hurdles. The things that current NBA superstars don't understand is that their team's failures are their own failures. The truth is Dwight is looking for a excuse out and I think it has little to do with who he is currently playing with.

http://www.bostonher...elt#articleFull

Wow. Dwight is flat out calling out this team and Magic management and ownership. What I hear him saying is, "The guys on the Magic can't win when it matters in the playoffs."

Do you agree? Disagree? Think he should be saying this to the media?

He's right. Does anyone think this team is a championship caliber team? Honestly?

“Always. Always,” Howard told the Herald. “I’d always listen to a team like that.

“You know,” said Howard, “you look at a team like Boston and look at a team like LA who’s won . . . especially Boston. Man, those guys came together and they didn’t care who scored all the points. They had done all the individual stuff.”

You mean like sulk on the court when he didn't feel like he was involved enough in the offense, which lead to Stan calling him out in the media?

• Upvote 1

I agree. We aren't winning a championship with this roster. That said, superstars are supposed to carry their teams past these hurdles. The things that current NBA superstars don't understand is that their team's failures are their own failures. The truth is Dwight is looking for a excuse out and I think it has little to do with who he is currently playing with.

Agreed.... I mean its not like Dwight was scoring 20ppg since his rookie year. The only thing he could do for the first 3yrs was dunk and rebound.... The 4-6 year he worked on a decent post up game with running hooks.... Dwights 6th through 8th was suppose to be about his jump shot and free throws (Haven seen his jump shot lately and his FT are still garbage).

I like Dwight, i really do... bought D12 gear, talked him up when everyone was downing him, even won a couple of Autographed D12 pictures. But.....

This is just piss poor thinking coming from him, everything he wants to be he is here. If Dwight wants to move on, then let him walk and waist the 30mil and all the tax free endorsement money. This franchise isnt going anywhere, we will be champions with players who are committed to the task.