Drain-O

The Official Dwight Howard Everything Thread

Otis has been very vocal about being in charge and that he does not make decision's based on what his players have told him to do, why would he come out and say this now if Dwight was calling the shots on those moves? In doing that he is essentially taking credit (or blame depending on how you look at it) for Gilbert and Hedo not to mention publically playing the tough guy with his franchise center who has one foot out the door. He is either the strong GM that doesn't take orders or he is the guy that saddled us with bad contracts instead of putting us in a position to free up a ton of cap space, I don't think you can have it both ways.

While I agree that no fan knows exactly what is going on within an organization you don't need to know any inside information to know that had he stuck with the poorly constructed team that he had last year we would have been knocked out in the first round but we would have been able to waive Vince for 4 mill (which is what PHX did), let MP walk, and amnesty Shard clearing (someone correct me if I'm wrong here) 41 million (16 for Vince + 20 for Rashard + 5 for MP). That and we would have had Gortat as a trade chip.

It would have only been 37m since Vince's 4m guaranteed still would've counted against the CAP.

Other than all that though, yes, I agree, and said as much last December. For that, I was called an idiot and a hater, amongst other things.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Otis has been very vocal about being in charge and that he does not make decision's based on what his players have told him to do, why would he come out and say this now if Dwight was calling the shots on those moves? In doing that he is essentially taking credit (or blame depending on how you look at it) for Gilbert and Hedo not to mention publically playing the tough guy with his franchise center who has one foot out the door. He is either the strong GM that doesn't take orders or he is the guy that saddled us with bad contracts instead of putting us in a position to free up a ton of cap space, I don't think you can have it both ways.

While I agree that no fan knows exactly what is going on within an organization you don't need to know any inside information to know that had he stuck with the poorly constructed team that he had last year we would have been knocked out in the first round but we would have been able to waive Vince for 4 mill (which is what PHX did), let MP walk, and amnesty Shard clearing (someone correct me if I'm wrong here) 41 million (16 for Vince + 20 for Rashard + 5 for MP). That and we would have had Gortat as a trade chip.

Otis should of been fired after this disastrous move, it went from bad too holy -hit.

It would have only been 37m since Vince's 4m guaranteed still would've counted against the CAP.

Other than all that though, yes, I agree, and said as much last December. For that, I was called an idiot and a hater, amongst other things.

Aren't you always ridiculed? I know you're use to it.

I think we would have beaten the Hawks with that team, but that's about it.

Aren't you always ridiculed? I know you're use to it.

Yes, but usually it's just people who are attacking me just because it's me.

That time it was specifically about how I wasn't supporting the team and that I was wrong, etc etc etc.

It's why I couldn't stop laughing at the board when Dwight's trade demand first surfaced. The same people who were telling me how stupid I was for thinking those trades were stupid 13 months ago were now claiming that Otis was an idiot for making them.

• Downvote 2

Yes, but usually it's just people who are attacking me just because it's me.

That time it was specifically about how I wasn't supporting the team and that I was wrong, etc etc etc.

It's why I couldn't stop laughing at the board when Dwight's trade demand first surfaced. The same people who were telling me how stupid I was for thinking those trades were stupid 13 months ago were now claiming that Otis was an idiot for making them.

That team going on a nine game winning streak soon after the moves were made certainly didn't help the reality of the situation. Many reasonable people started to wonder out loud if those trades could work. The winning streak aside, the mistakes were still pretty apparent, but expecting your average fan to have perspective on anything is pretty unreasonable.

People will call you an idiot around here for having the audacity to bring up facts.

A lot of people talk about Gilbert, but Hedo was the true killer in that trade. I honestly will not hate on Otis for the Arenas/Lewis swap. Rashard was and has declined in a big way and Otis rolled the dice that Gil could've been the spark we needed, it failed and he got amnestied. If he didn't make the trade, Shard probably would've been amnestied too. But we're stuck with Hedo's awful contract and now J-Rich for several years because Otis foolishly re-signed him.

I miss Gortat and Pietrus way more than I thought I would.

you don't know nearly enough about anything basketball related to accurately gauge the abilities of a general manager of a professional sports team? no fan does, otis didn't sign a younger turk to the same deal he then proceeded to trade for him for. explanation? only one and it's that dwight wanted hedo back and otis had to make the move. dwight, allegedly, didn't want gilbert amnestied. explanation? dwight, as well as a lot of superstars, have too much power over a team and looking back at the cavaliers annual roster blowing up at the deadline only points to one thing; owners think letting a 20something year old make personnel decisions improves the likelihood that the star will resign. it's gross and why basketball is, and will be for a long time, an inferior product to the nfl.

[/quote

Isaiah Thomas with the Knicks...my 5 year old could make the call on gauging his abilities!

Really wish Otis would come out and say theres no way in hell he trades Dwight for Amare and Chandler. Then laughs for an entire minute in a way that makes NY look foolish for even thinking he would consider it. That would be grand.

KevinDing profile

Kobe was also NBA's highest-paid player with endorsements ($53 million total); followed by LeBron ($49m) and Dwight ($29m).

3rd highest in small little Orlando hey D12....hmmmmmmmm

KevinDing profile

Kobe was also NBA's highest-paid player with endorsements ($53 million total); followed by LeBron ($49m) and Dwight ($29m).

3rd highest in small little Orlando hey D12....hmmmmmmmm

Not too Mention that Kobe has to pay Taxes.... and his ex wife....lol...

Too Soon?