Sign in to follow this  
A Better DJ & Photographer

Dwight Howard - should we trade him now?

Ride it out or get what we can  

29 members have voted

1. 1. Dwight Howard - should we trade him now?

• Ride it out and hope for the best
    • Trade him now for the best deal we can get
    • Trade him at the deadline for the best deal we can get

We all love Dwight and I'm sure that we are all in agreement that we want him to stay. That being said offers of trades are going to start pouring in and unless he makes a commitment to extend we could be left in a very bad situation.

What do you think we should do?

You just can't trade a player that's the caliber of Dwight because you'll never get equal talent back in return.. Also with the new CBA, him going elsewhere as a free agent would cost him a boatload of money...

I'd say try to dump our bad contracts if at all possible and try to make a play for one of the elite PGs that are available. If the Celtics land Paul....ugh.

If we can't land an all star that could keep him around then we have to trade him. Management knows if he's staying or leaving. It doesn't make sense to just let him walk without acquiring some picks.

If we can't land an all star that could keep him around then we have to trade him. Management knows if he's staying or leaving. It doesn't make sense to just let him walk without acquiring some picks.

I would trade him for picks if he was leaving. But that doesn't seem to be the discussion. It's more about a fringe all star and players who fill roster spots 3-6. That would be awful.

Edit: And I am not saying you are one of those advocating for the terrible trade.

If he's not commiting to us, trade Dwight for multiple 1st round picks, a player with tons of potential (Brook Lopez, Eric Gordon, etc) and get Hedo and every other bad contract out.

Amnesty Arenas

And you are looking at a 3-5 year window to be real contenders again.

Man, my two favorite teams - the Kansas City Chiefs and the Orlando Magic - are at the bottom of the trash heap of their respective leagues. I'm just so sick of not being able to get great players to stick around for the long haul, or not getting enough great players to win a championship. It's all about the "big markets" now. I guess it always has been, but it's just really glaring right now.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

If he's not commiting to us, trade Dwight for multiple 1st round picks, a player with tons of potential (Brook Lopez, Eric Gordon, etc) and get Hedo and every other bad contract out.

Amnesty Arenas

And you are looking at a 3-5 year window to be real contenders again.

Neither Brook Lopez nor Eric Gordon have "tons of potential".

And if we let Dwight walk, we'll be looking at roughly the same timeline you just described to retool.

• Upvote 1

I only will take one trade. Harden, Ibaka, and Perkins with a first rounder for Dwight and fillers. I think Harden has all star potential if he were to get out of the shadow of Westbrook and Durant, and Ibaka has enormous talent. Perkins is steady as rock like always. I know most would rather have Westbrook, but I don't trust volume scoring athletic PG's like him who can't distribute for crap when they have a top flight guy like Durant right on the wing next to him.

If it's anything else then F it. Roll the dice and see if Dwight walks. I'm not too concerned about it.

Neither Brook Lopez nor Eric Gordon have "tons of potential".

And if we let Dwight walk, we'll be looking at roughly the same timeline you just described to retool.

Well, we disagree about potential then.

Also, if we let Dwight walk, we still have Hedo's contract and less 1st round picks than if we would do similar trades to the one i mentioned.

I find it odd people keep mentioning Brook Lopez and Eric Gordon when they are not even the best players on bad teams.

Picks are not guaranteed to be lottery picks which outside of the top 5 are of little value. We got lucky hitting lottery gold 3 times with the first pick so fans are a bit spoiled into believing we can do it again when plenty of lottery regulars have never hit it once.

It was only one spot difference between Dwight and Emeka Okafor....

Force Dwight to choose between staying and walking for much less money.

• Upvote 1

Man, my two favorite teams - the Kansas City Chiefs and the Orlando Magic - are at the bottom of the trash heap of their respective leagues. I'm just so sick of not being able to get great players to stick around for the long haul, or not getting enough great players to win a championship. It's all about the "big markets" now. I guess it always has been, but it's just really glaring right now.

Our Magic are no where near the bottom of the trash heap in the NBA.. We still have no state income tax, we still got a beautiful new swank ass arena downtown (nicest one in the NBA), and last I checked we still had Dwight Howard on the roster, meaning we are still title contenders this year..

• Upvote 3