AddiFB

Offseason Thread Part VII: The Fall of The Lockout

P.S. By the freggin' way.. mods.. when there's an actual Magic news story that's gone down, such as Gilbert Arenas being cut or Brandon Bass beign traded for Glen Davis, can it PLEASE get its own thread without me having to spend an hour trying to wade through a big offseason thread? I understand trying to herd all the opinions in one place, but c'mon. Seriously! It's called a message board, not a sticky board.

I agree with this. I heard something about Bass over ESPN and I had to go to RealGM just to figure out what it was

I like Hollinger... He has some pretty good insight at times. Other times he just as disconnected as the rest of the ESPNers.

Read the insider info, suggesting we got robbed. What was interesting was the article was good, however I'm not sure which Brandon Bass he is talking about.

The Brandon Bass in that article and the one I seen play are two different people. If Bass played like the way Hollinger portrays him, then we wouldn't trade him. But the truth is that Brandon had played below that in real life, He has made the same mistakes in games time and time again. Brandon was great at rebounding the ball into out of bounds. Bass had his moments, but very few.

This trade is a wash, a draw, both teams equally benefited from this move. Both Bass and Davis needed a change, and still remain in the hunt for a Championship. This trade has done that for both teams.

But what do you expect from disconnected people..... Disconnected Analysis.

(iPhone)

JoshuaBRobbins Josh Robbins Magic CEO: If the Nets tampered w/D12, Magic would "deal with it to the fullest extent that the NBA constitution allows.”

1245542059676.gif

It's a game of poker now.

So hypothetically if the Nets were charged, couldn't that completely prevent New Jersey from signing or trading for Dwight?

Someone please construct a viable trade scenario that sees us land Josh Smith without destroying our entire bench.

Muchas gracias.

god yes, this - although since we added Big Baby, I'm not sure where we'd fit him.

I've been reading since Page 250, here's some random thoughts as I go along:

P.S. By the freggin' way.. mods.. when there's an actual Magic news story that's gone down, such as Gilbert Arenas being cut or Brandon Bass beign traded for Glen Davis, can it PLEASE get its own thread without me having to spend an hour trying to wade through a big offseason thread? I understand trying to herd all the opinions in one place, but c'mon. Seriously! It's called a message board, not a sticky board.

Yes, PLEASE!! Trying to wade through the hundreds of post to insure you are up to speed is punishing!! Come on Marc!!! Breakout the skyhook and fix this thing!! LOL

By the way, is BallJunkie MIA????

If we are gonna make a trade for Ellis, Smith or Iggy who do we trade??? Bass is gone. Arenas is gone which means if we traded nelson we'd have Dudu running the point. No one wants hedo. So we have J.J., Anderson, and Orton? I dont think that will get it done... :panicworker: