AddiFB

Offseason Thread Part VII: The Fall of The Lockout

I'm really confident that Dwight won't be traded now.

.... because Otis is sleeping. I'll feel different when he wakes up...

Dwight is wanting to leave to a worse team, so IMO the quality of team-mates is a smokescreen for either I want the bright lights and dinner on Broadway or he just wants to play with Deron. The NYETS makes no sense any other way, even with Dwight they are not a contender right now.

Sure they do, they have a superstar and they are far enough below the cap (especially after amnestying Outlaw) that they have the ability to add to their roster, those are the 2 things we are lacking at the moment. I also don't think they could win a title as is but I would guess that in Dwights mind they look like they have a greater chance to improve than we do.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GwSt6YUopZ0&feature=related

We've had Dwight since after McGrady left. I forgot...how "RAW"...and "TALENTED"..T-Mac was.....Tracy McGrady was the sole inspiration as to why I became a Magic fan.

I used to love to go down to the TDWaterhouse to watch T-Mac play. He was amazing. Its a shame that we never found a legit big man to pair with him. Could you imagine prime T-Mac paired with D12? That would be sick.

I had mixed emotions when we traded T-Mac. While I was pissed, I understood why T-Mac was frustrated. Dude never had any help. I would say T-Mac had less help than Howard has had.

I used to love to go down to the TDWaterhouse to watch T-Mac play. He was amazing. Its a shame that we never found a legit big man to pair with him. Could you imagine prime T-Mac paired with D12? That would be sick.

I had mixed emotions when we traded T-Mac. While I was pissed, I understood why T-Mac was frustrated. Dude never had any help. I would say T-Mac had less help than Howard has had.

I think that's quite obvious.

While here, Tracy never had guys like Rashard, Jameer, Hedo or well... Vince. Dwight also had solid role players in Marcin, Pietrus and those guys. Tracy had an injured Grant Hill, Mike Miller, Juwan Howard, Pat Garrity, Bo Outlaw but he had our fav hustle guy, Darrell Armstrong.

While here, Tracy never had guys like Rashard, Jameer, Hedo or well... Vince. Dwight also had solid role players in Marcin, Pietrus and those guys. Tracy had an injured Grant Hill, Mike Miller, Juwan Howard, Pat Garrity, Bo Outlaw but he had our fav hustle guy, Darrell Armstrong.

Also: Reece Gaines, Jeryl Sasser and Shawn Kemp's decaying corpse.

Sure they do, they have a superstar and they are far enough below the cap (especially after amnestying Outlaw) that they have the ability to add to their roster, those are the 2 things we are lacking at the moment. I also don't think they could win a title as is but I would guess that in Dwights mind they are in the greater New York city area.

Fixed.

Also: Reece Gaines, Jeryl Sasser and Shawn Kemp's decaying corpse.

Remember the days as a Magic fan where the out of the league for 6 months Vernon Maxwell signing was going to make us better?

Remember the days as a Magic fan where the out of the league for 6 months Vernon Maxwell signing was going to make us better?

Oh wow I remember that... I was so excited haha... Man... being a Magic fan is really bittersweet :shard:

Nobody in NY even cares about the Nets....that's what so funny, those ppl in Brooklyn? THEY'RE KNICKS FANS!

the nets are about the 7th most popular team in that area. In Orlando the Magic are no.1 Dwights in for a reality check when in 3 yr's w/o a title, the barclays center is 3/4 full and during knicks games most ppl there will be knicks fans.

Native central FL cat here who now lives in the greater NYC area. Truth be told, greater NYC, including Brooklyn, has a certain magnetic appeal. While historically the Knicks have owned this area, I'm certain the D12 effect would change that, just like the Jets have done to the Giants. All if takes is winning and being charismatic, both of which D12 can bring.

And I'm with Marc, Otis has REALLY put this team in an awful position for this situation. Terrible cap management through terrible trades and signings.

• Upvote 1

He did have Vince at one point, in Toronto, but he also asked for a trade because he said he was being overshadowed.