AddiFB

Offseason Thread Part VII: The Fall of The Lockout

I think its pretty clear at this point the Magic do not care about saving money. Hell they paid the luxury tax when they had Steve-O manning the fort with his love stallion Cuttino Mobley.

Also I am fairly certain now Prokorov is only running for Russian president so he can include Russia in his next offer.

• Upvote 1

What does that have to do with CAP space you already have?

You've just described how one would create additional CAP space. That's fine. I'm not opposed to trading ****ty players like Turk for CAP space. But that's not what's being discussed.

As it stands, EVEN if we resign Dwight for a max contract after this season, we'll still have enough CAP space the following summer to offer a near full Max deal to someone else. That's even with Hedo, Davis, Duhon and the Richardsons on the roster.

Your point is irrelevant.

The point of creating additional CAP space by trading players who are noticeably worse than they used to be, is that it allows you to get better with the same money you were spending.

So, you shed hedo's salaries. Then, even if we can offer full max next season, you have even more. So you can split a good amount between 2 quality players. Isn't that the point of all of this? Getting as much help as we can?

Well, looks like my cousin was wrong after all. Won't post another rumor by him again. My bad on that one.

Didn't I tell you he was a fraud as soon as you posted that?

I think its pretty clear at this point the Magic do not care about saving money. Hell they paid the luxury tax when they had Steve-O manning the fort with his love stallion Cuttino Mobley.

Also I am fairly certain now Prokorov is only running for Russian president so he can include Russia in his next offer.

Lol@ Russia offer

I'd rather have 1 more shot at the title and see if Dwight Howard stays or not, than to trade Dwight Howard and never know if he would have stayed or not.

edited for bad grammar lol.

7 Time All-Star Center Jack Sikma might disagree with that.

I'd argue that Dennis Johnson was better than Sikma that year. It's arguable though, because Sikma was a very good defensive player who had to cover for Johnson and Gus Williams constantly gambling for steals.

And Sikma also gets bonus points for looking like a cross between Dirk Nowitzki and Detlef Schrempf, despite being an American.

JackSikma.jpg

Didn't I tell you he was a fraud as soon as you posted that?

Yes but I had every reason to believe him. He's part of their marketing team and I saw no reason to not believe him. Making up some silly rumor just for fun isn't something he's done for. The Nets must have believed they had a real good shot of landing Dwight today.

The closest any team has come to winning a title with a point guard as their best player was the Sonics team that went to the Finals in the mid 90s.

Unless you count the 2004 Pistons, which you shouldn't. The star of that team was interior defense and abusing terrible rules.

Right, so an elite Center is worth WAY more than an elite PG. I'm just real surprised by the offers - it seems like teams think they're doing us a favor by "taking Dwight off our hands." Seriously, I'd rather take my chances next summer than take anyone up on the garbage they're offering.

The point of creating additional CAP space by trading players who are noticeably worse than they used to be, is that it allows you to get better with the same money you were spending.

So, you shed hedo's salaries. Then, even if we can offer full max next season, you have even more. So you can split a good amount between 2 quality players. Isn't that the point of all of this? Getting as much help as we can?

The whole point of trading Dwight Howard is to get as much help as possible for Dwight Howard?

This must be what my CPU feels like during a hardware crash.

Howard has warned the Magic if they don’t move him by the March 15 trade deadline, they’ll lose him for nothing in free agency.

“Dwight’s not a happy camper,” one league source told Y! Sports.

I'd argue that Dennis Johnson was better than Sikma that year. It's arguable though, because Sikma was a very good defensive player who had to cover for Johnson and Gus Williams constantly gambling for steals.

And Sikma also gets bonus points for looking like a cross between Dirk Nowitzki and Detlef Schrempf, despite being an American.

JackSikma.jpg

I also give him points for shooting 92% from the FT line......never had to worry about "Hack a Sikma"

Irregardless still proves your points that it is easier to win with a great big man as your best player than a Great PG.