AddiFB

Offseason Thread Part VII: The Fall of The Lockout

point taken. hmm i dunno. dwight said the other day ' now him & big baby get a chance to play together on the same team '

something along those lines. this is all very weird to me,

Given a choice, if we're losing Dwight, I'd rather not lose JJ or Jameer. They're both good players who we DEVELOPED into good players.

I mean, if they land us the right pieces, whatevs, but I'd rather see them in a Magic uniform.

Makes sense for a S&T, too. That deal isn't horrible, JRich just doesn't really do anything for this team - it's been a long time since he was the player he was in Phoenix. And even then, that was probably due to teams stacking the defense to deal with Stoudemire and Nash.

Agreed, but S&T are usually announced at the same time of signings. I don't know what the S&T window is.

at what point is it not possible to S&T jrich? since we have bird rights, can we resign him and trade him a week later, or is there time limit?

Once signed...its usually dec 15 in a normal season, i think i heard the deadline this year is towards the end of jan

A very, very, very small glimmer of hope in Denton's article:

A source close to the negotiations said that Howard has repeatedly changed his mind about whether he should leave Orlando or stay in the past four days. Now, the team is at least exploring what compensation it could get if it decides to deal the superstar center.

So he's going back and forth a little bit. Maybe. Anyways....

at what point is it not possible to S&T jrich? since we have bird rights, can we resign him and trade him a week later, or is there time limit?

Sign and trade agreements

When a team initiates a sign-and-trade agreement, it must trade the signed player immediately; teams cannot renege on the arrangement and keep the player for themselves, using the other team's financial situation to leverage the signee into a more favorable deal for themselves. Also, the contract signed before the trade must be for at least 3 years, with the first year guaranteed.

If a newly-signed player is not part of a sign-and-trade, his new team cannot trade him until December 15 of the calendar year in which he was signed or three months after the date on which he signed, whichever arrives later.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NBA_salary_cap#Sign_and_trade_agreements