AddiFB

Offseason Thread Part VII: The Fall of The Lockout

Dwight Howard has not yet indicated to Orlando management whether he wants to stay with the Magic, request a trade or play out the season and become a free agent, a person directly involved in the organization's planning told CBSSports.com Tuesday. "Training camp opens the door to everything," said the person, who spoke on condition of anonymity. "I think that will happen very, very soon." CBSSports.com

The person familiar with the Magic's strategy said Tuesday that, while Howard has yet to verbalize what he wants, the All-Star center has "deep roots here" and has previously expressed that "this is where he'd like to fulfill his career." "He wants to win," the person said. "That's on his mind intensely." CBSSports.com

For the entire month of February last season (the only month he averaged over 27 mpg) he averaged 37 mpg, 14.2 pts on 53 % shooting, 14.8 rebounds and 1.7 blocks. I'll take that kind of suckage. There's zero chance he's worse defensively than Ryan.

Well my friend it is a good thing you are not the GM of the team.

There's zero chance he's worse defensively than Ryan.

They are equally bad man to man defenders against the dribble. Anderson is a slightly better post defender and, more importantly, is the only one of the two who actually tries on defense.

Yes, he's worse than Ryan Anderson on defense.

• Upvote 1

They are equally bad man to man defenders against the dribble. Anderson is a slightly better post defender and, more importantly, is the only one of the two who actually tries on defense.

Yes, he's worse than Ryan Anderson on defense.

Ryan's also a hustle guy. I mean, there's a reason why, outside of Dwight, Ryan is the only guy on our team that other teams might actually trade for.

Nobody is talking about how all of this is affecting or will affect Jameer and Dwight's friendship. All this talk about these top tier PG coming to play with D12, and CP3 or Ellis or Williams being on Dwight's short list of players he wants to play with has to make it weird between those guys.

Anyone interview Jameer on all this? I've seen nothing.

WHAT ABOUT JAMEER'S FEELINGS????

There's a part of me that believes Jameer is off limits unless Dwight gives it the green light. Dwight and Jameer are indeed best friends, even brothers. Jameer has been a great mentor for Dwight in the last few years. Jameer wants to be a starter, but I believe also wants to be a winner. We wouldn't be able to get CP3 or DWill here without giving up Jameer I'm sure, but if it's possible, look for it to happen. Jameer is the #2 Do-Not-Touch guy on the Magic's list. He's a leader, a competitor, clutch, a great representative of the organization in the community, and above all, one of Dwight's best friends.

Jameer's a competitor and wouldn't want to be benched for another PG. If that does happen, look for him to land a 6th man J.J. Barea type role.

I was going to point out that reb% stats aren't based on minutes played and, in fact, benefit players who play fewer minutes because they're fresher.

But then it occurred to me that you asked what people thought about Kris Humphries, implying you'd seen very little of his play, and then when quite literally every person who responded to your question said "he sucks", you argue about it using stats without context.

The same bull**** people on this board, including you, like to argue that I do.

Is it hard to believe players get better between their fifth and sixth year? No.

It IS hard to believe that they'd suddenly make enormous leaps in efficiency, shooting percentage and rebounding though. And make no mistake: a jump in DRB% of 7.1 in massive. That kind of jump would have Dwight grabbing about 16.5 rebounds a game.

There's a part of me that believes Jameer is off limits

Hell if that was the case then that means Dwight would never leave the Magic and resign that extension right? Because if he left Jameer would no longer be on his team!

smile_shardhappy.png

....sigh...Dwight don't give a crap about Jameer obviously

There's a part of me that believes Jameer is off limits unless Dwight gives it the green light. Dwight and Jameer are indeed best friends, even brothers. Jameer has been a great mentor for Dwight in the last few years. Jameer wants to be a starter, but I believe also wants to be a winner. We wouldn't be able to get CP3 or DWill here without giving up Jameer I'm sure, but if it's possible, look for it to happen. Jameer is the #2 Do-Not-Touch guy on the Magic's list. He's a leader, a competitor, clutch, a great representative of the organization in the community, and above all, one of Dwight's best friends.

Jameer's a competitor and wouldn't want to be benched for another PG. If that does happen, look for him to land a 6th man J.J. Barea type role.

I've always said I thought Jameer would DESTROY as a 6th man. I hope we can keep him, but like Ryan, there isn't a lot of trade bait on this team, and 'Meer's one of them.

All this Dwight talk is detracting from the real topic of interest here.

When's this ping pong thing gonna happen? I still gotta show mf83 who's boss.

A lazier, less refined comic mind would make a joke about Asians here.

Where IS Trey, anyway?

• Upvote 2

So basically... we have to pray Dwight is more (pre-2011, anyway) loyal recruiter Dwayne Wade than gloating turncoat LeBron James?

I'd take that bet, but I'm still nervous about it..

Indeed. I'd love to see things go down the way you say. He's done nothing but good things when he's been healthy. I could definitely see him thriving in a 6th man "instant offense" of the bench type role if we land one of the 2 PGs we're after.