Sign in to follow this  
Fultz4thewin

Offseason Thread part 2

you guys make for some minor entertainiment but at the end of the day how many have actually followed the nba path of ellis. think about the magic defense with ellis as the sg and gil as the pg. the word defense would not exist. the magic would be better off with nelson and jj. also the offense would be out of control. might be fun to watch at times but do you really think this team could win it all with those two bone heads. who guards rose, wade, rondo, etc. i can not believe the magic woud give up 2 or 3 solid young players to get a small no defense sg. they would be better off to look at other options.

Ellis isn't as bad defensively as some people make plus he has never really "had" to play defense before. Ellis and Arenas(if somewhat healthy) could be the highest scoring backcourt in the league. Plus having Dwight and a solid wing defender will help with defense.

Other teams, including the Orlando Magic and Golden State Warriors, have called the 76ers, but they're not able to offer the size or financial flexibility that the Clippers can with Kaman. HoopsWorld

With Iguodala and so many other veterans being shopped including Monta Ellis, Andre Miller and Jameer Nelson, trades may steal the show on the draft night. HoopsWorld

If Otis's plan is to unload contracts this year and make a run at Pual next year (which imo is the best option) then that must mean he and Dwight talked and Dwights ok with him doing that, right????

I mean even If we gett Ellis,Iggy,Boozer or whoever this year I believe we're still not good enough to win the Title. Not trying to be a debbie downer by saying that but the better option for the future would be to unload and save for 12.

I just got this feeling we're gonna do a deal with Portland.

You know what, I've been having the same feeling for about a week now, for some reason. Who? I don't know, but I wish it was Aldridge and Batum. Seriously doubt it.

From the Sentinel:

As Dwight Howard continues his promotional tour across Europe, he’s been very candid while answering questions from international reporters.

At an adidas event in Madrid, Spain, Howard criticized Stan Van Gundy’s handling of Gilbert Arenas and said he should have a role in the team’s personnel decisions. He also talked more about everyone in the organization getting on the same page.

Here are the highlights:

Howard on Arenas, who struggled mightily with the Magic while primarily being used as Jameer Nelson’s backup: “I don’t think our coach used him the right way, but I think he can do a lot of great things for our team. He promised me this summer he was going to get himself better, physically and mentally, so he can come back and have an awesome year. … I just felt like he didn’t get the opportunity to play his style but also play with me. I think he needed to. I think he got a couple of opportunities to do it in the playoffs, but it was kind of too late. So I think he will be great for us.”

Howard, who has said in the past that it’s not his job to shake up the roster, on his role in personnel decisions: “I should be involved. For seven hard years I’ve done everything I could in Orlando for us to win a championship and I think I deserve an opportunity to help make decisions as far as the future.”

Howard on how the team can improve: “We just need a team of guys who have no goals but to win a championship. No individual goals. The only goal should be winning a championship, and I want the management to feel the same way. Our teams, and our owners, everybody, has to have one mission. I just wants guys who are going to play hard every night.

Howard on the job Van Gundy did this season, per HoopsHype: “I think Stan did a good job coaching this year,” Howard said. “He’s had us prepared for every game, for every playoff series that I’ve ever been in… He’s made sure that we were well-prepared. I like what he did.”

Howard on the best place to live: “Orlando. There’s no state taxes.”

You know what, I've been having the same feeling for about a week now, for some reason. Who? I don't know, but I wish it was Aldridge and Batum. Seriously doubt it.

If we get Aldridge and Batum it means we got rid of Dwight.

Portland has pieces we want, and it would make sense for them to get Jameer. But who knows. Otis may not want Batum since he's too young and this is a title contending team that needs to be old and lethargic.

• Upvote 1

Don't patronize me, bro, especially not in such a contradictory manner.

Listen, you know your stuff, but this is the Hibachi we're talking about here. Common basketball tendencies don't apply to someone that spontaneous. On any given night, Gil can give you anywhere from 2 to 67 points. He only played like 6 minutes a game last season, so if you turn that into, like, 42 minutes, he'd be scoring 26-27 points. Sprinkle that with 6-7 dimes and a few wicked crossovers and you've got yourself an average Hibachi night! Provided he's a starter, of course.

W/e, I'm done debating with you n00bs. Watch every game of Gil's career and then get back to me, otherwise, your opinion just isn't valid enough.

This literally made me :shard: