Sign in to follow this  
Fultz4thewin

Offseason Thread part 2

I've long said that we're missing that "slit your throat"-guy. Unfortunately, there's not many in the NBA that WANT that ball in their hands in the last seconds because they WANT to hit the big shot and make the entire opponent's stadium cry. I can only think of a couple players in the NBA that fit that bill, though, and have the skills to back it up: Kobe, D'Wade, and you have to add Dirk to that list now.

CP3 might be in that category - I haven't seen him play enough to know.

We also need some toughs. Dwight's as tough as they come, but he can't do it alone. We're missing a NHL-style enforcer - the kind of guy that can use his six fouls pounding the other team into submission, but can stay on the floor longer than two minutes.

And some athletic wings - we need those, too.

No problem, right?

Cut Porter, Scotty B, make stuff breathe fire, halftime show consists of independent wrestlers being put through flaming tables, and blast Cannibal Corpse (you know which song lolololol) on the loudspeaker after every made free throw.

amirite pal or amirite

I actually agree with some of this... but can we get a new song for when someone fouls out instead of Hit the road jack?

• Downvote 1

What worries me about what Dwight said is that the team will panic and try to get a bunch of other over the hill vets to compete. It really sucks there's a new CBA coming in THIS year. Makes it hard for a team to know whether they can clear cap space or not. Regardless of Dwight said, if there's a possibility of clearing space to acquire DWill/CP3 And re-sign him, you do it. If the team sucks and he thinks about going to another team, the moment Orlando tells him because they sucked they have made it possible to pair him up with another all-star, he'll know his future in Orlando with those guys would be good. The problem is getting vets now that won't contribute later (what the team has done in the last 2 years).

Dwight may say he's unhappy and all but at this point I'd rather see him unhappy for a year and then re-signing with another star then him somewhat happy for a year, then disappointed, then playing for the Clippers/OKC

We need a Courtney Lee, a Tayshaun Prince, a lil Chucky Hayes, and an OJ Mayo and baby we got a stew going.

Leggo

What worries me about what Dwight said is that the team will panic and try to get a bunch of other over the hill vets to compete. It really sucks there's a new CBA coming in THIS year. Makes it hard for a team to know whether they can clear cap space or not. Regardless of Dwight said, if there's a possibility of clearing space to acquire DWill/CP3 And re-sign him, you do it. If the team sucks and he thinks about going to another team, the moment Orlando tells him because they sucked they have made it possible to pair him up with another all-star, he'll know his future in Orlando with those guys would be good. The problem is getting vets now that won't contribute later (what the team has done in the last 2 years).

Dwight may say he's unhappy and all but at this point I'd rather see him unhappy for a year and then re-signing with another star then him somewhat happy for a year, then disappointed, then playing for the Clippers/OKC

Well Dallas just won with a bunch of over the hill vets giving it their all, Marion was previously viewed as a horrible contract and JET was straight up garbage the last two playoffs. I'm sure Otis will look at this and think he just has to keep getting over the hill vets and eventually he'll strike gold. :svgsad:

Well Dallas just won with a bunch of over the hill vets giving it their all, Marion was previously viewed as a horrible contract and JET was straight up garbage the last two playoffs. I'm sure Otis will look at this and think he just has to keep getting over the hill vets and eventually he'll strike gold. :svgsad:

Yeah but those guys have been there a while.

Otis isn't that dumb to acquire bad contracts on aging guys just because what Mavs did.......Right?