Sign in to follow this  
Stan Van Jeremy

Monta Ellis on the trading block

Monta doesn't really know how to play basketball but hell, Derrick Rose doesn't either and he's the MVP. I'd take him if we were able to hide him on defense by getting an Eric Snow equivalent somewhere.

Your posts literally make me want to jump off a bridge without a parachute.

• Upvote 1

Your posts literally make me want to jump off a bridge without a parachute.

Anybody who plays their entire career in an uptempo streetball offense doesn't know how to play basketball. Truth hurts.

I could see Otis swinging for the fences with this trade:

Monta Ellis and David Lee

for

Redick, Turk and Bass

http://games.espn.go...tradeId=3lacocs

It would sure add offense, but we'd need some serious defense on the wings. This would save GS loads of money.

Perhaps we could also do this trade afterwards:

Iggy

for

Nelson, Anderson and Orton

http://games.espn.go...tradeId=3u8ahbv

I'm fairly sure Philly could then flip Nelson for a pick or young prospect.

Line-up:

PG: Ellis, Duhon (Arenas dismissed thru AE)

SG: Iggy, Q

SF: Prince (signed with MLE), Pearl

PF: Lee, Francis

C: Howard

Not bad. Nice blend of o and d.

Im not sure GS would agree to that deal. They would be losing the best two players in the trade and turk sucks. I understand saving money but no way GS agrees.

Im not sure GS would agree to that deal. They would be losing the best two players in the trade and turk sucks. I understand saving money but no way GS agrees.

That's the main issue here. The value we see monta at is much lower than what Golden State sees monta at.

Monta is not worth it.

I'd go with a clutch vet in JRich over a chucking undersized SG that has never defended in his life and has no winning expierence.

Also, he's only ever effective in a run and gun game than the halfcourt, grind it out system that we play in. Ellis wouldn't be better than JRich in those situations.

If he comes to ORL, Dwight gets 10 shots max.

let me see if i have this right. we have gil and now we want to trade for ellis. after we get j.r. smith and mayo we would have four of the most undisiplined, no defense, nut cases in the nba. howard would be lucky to get a shot and we win 30 games and lose by 110 to 120 most of the time. sounds like a lot of fun to me. lets do it otis.

Ellis doesnt seem to fit what we are looking for in the backcourt. We need scoring, but not at the expense of organized, playoff type basketball. Now, if Ellis could learn to reshape his game I would certainly contemplate the thought. As it stands I find him to be moderately over rated by many on here...somwhere between Gortat and Courtney Lee on the scale.

Also, there are few certain terms that can be agreed on by the players and the league with regard to the new CBA. However, from what it sounds like, all exceptions are bye bye except the vet min perhaps. So kiss the MLE and players like Tayshaun Prince bye bye. Please dont use them in your fantasy lineups because there wont be the exceptions you are suggesting available to pick them up.

let me see if i have this right. we have gil and now we want to trade for ellis. after we get j.r. smith and mayo we would have four of the most undisiplined, no defense, nut cases in the nba. howard would be lucky to get a shot and we win 30 games and lose by 110 to 120 most of the time. sounds like a lot of fun to me. lets do it otis.

You don't have this right. Not even close.