Sign in to follow this  
NittanyBuc

The Official "Who's a Free Agent?" Guide

basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/214194/Report_Suns_To_Buy_Out_Carter

The Phoenix Suns are working on a buyout with Vince Carter, per the Arizona Republic's Paul Coro.

Carter averaged 14.0 points, 3.8 rebounds and 2.0 assists per game this past season.

Carter signed a four-year, $61.8 million deal in 2007. He's entering the final year of the contract, which will pay him $18.9 million next season.

Via Arizona Republic

basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/214194/Report_Suns_To_Buy_Out_Carter

The Phoenix Suns are working on a buyout with Vince Carter, per the Arizona Republic's Paul Coro.

Carter averaged 14.0 points, 3.8 rebounds and 2.0 assists per game this past season.

Carter signed a four-year, $61.8 million deal in 2007. He's entering the final year of the contract, which will pay him $18.9 million next season.

Via Arizona Republic

Can't wait to get him back. We have some injured reserve slots open for him.

I'd take VC and Tmac as bench players at the minimum. Get rid of DooDoo and put Tmac behind Nelson. If we could get them to play a little D Tmac and VC off the bench would be nice! Tmac did great at PG lat year for Detroit.

Meer/Tmac

JJ/VC

Turk/Qrich

Anderson/Bass

D12/Orton

Even better if we could trade Turk for S&T Dally and filler

Meer/Tmac

JJ/VC

QRich/FA/VC

Anderson/Bass/D12

D12/Dally/Orton

And who knows what trades or signings off amnesty Otis can make?

I do.

"None".

Because the amnesty rules largely prevent it, because the players first have to survive a waiver lottery of all teams below the CAP.

What your saying is..... dont hold your breath for any amazing results this season....

thought so.

For whatever reason, the boys at ESPN were pushing for us to deal for Monta Ellis, if we were going to keep Dwight! For some strange reason, I think Monta would Piss Dwight off.....with his gun it mentality!

For whatever reason, the boys at ESPN were pushing for us to deal for Monta Ellis, if we were going to keep Dwight! For some strange reason, I think Monta would Piss Dwight off.....with his gun it mentality!

Monta wouldn't fix out problems, both on the court and in terms of keeping Dwight.

Monta wouldn't fix out problems, both on the court and in terms of keeping Dwight.

I agree! The only thing that makes sense for us at this point is to see if LA was tampering with D12 and he demands a trade there! But I really don't think so, especially with his bird rights! He leaves a lot on the table, so he should huddle with Otis and say.........get me CP3 or DWill and I stay! Which of course means that we don't do anything this season.....but gut the team!!

I do.

"None".

Because the amnesty rules largely prevent it, because the players first have to survive a waiver lottery of all teams below the CAP.

Doesn't a team have to take on a portion of the current salary of a player claimed off waivers? Why not just wait for them to become a free-agent and sign them for the minimum/MLE/whatever while their previous team pays out the entirety of their most likely toxic contract?

Doesn't a team have to take on a portion of the current salary of a player claimed off waivers? Why not just wait for them to become a free-agent and sign them for the minimum/MLE/whatever while their previous team pays out the entirety of their most likely toxic contract?

Because a team under the cap, looking for help, can get a decent player cheap by winning the bid for that player if the bidding doesn't get out of hand. If they wait for him to become a free agent, he can go any where he gets an offer/wants to play.

In other words, one of the teams with lower pay rolls can claim those bought out players without the players consent, instead of letting that player become a free agent and sign for cheap with a contender like Miami looking to fill holes.

Well, for one thing: they'd likely pay them a lot less money.

If an Amnesty-ed player is worth 5m on the open market, and you win the waiver bid for them at 3m, you're saving 2m a season AND all the teams over the CAP don't get the opportunity to bid.