Catman

Could be the end for a lot of guys

Yes. Cut Roy, restructure Gil's contract, BOOM.

By restructuring you mean Gil opting out of his contract and taking less money, right? Technical restructuring (like in NFL) is illegal under CBA rules otherwise.

Although most of this has been suggested in pieces, I've been thinking this is my ideal plausible summer:

1: Jameer/Anderson/Hedo for Camby/Miller/Batum

2: Boozer for sign-and-traded JRich/Bass

3: Sign Prince or JR Smith via free agency

4: Bring over Fran

Result:

Arenas/Miller

Batum/JJ

Prince/Clark/Batum

Boozer/Fran/Camby

Dwight/Camby/Orton

That's a much better squad than we had this year with great defense and depth at every position, including some flexibility with the expiring contracts of Camby and Miller and potential restructuring of Arenas'. The trades both satisfy needs of Portland and Chicago as well. Here's to hoping Otis can do something.

• Upvote 2

Maybe I missed something in this thread, or another thread, but why does almost every trade idea have the words "bring over Fran" somewhere in them? We're throwing that around like it's something that's definitely going to happen, or has already happened. The dude's been NOT playing here for quite a while now. If he didn't feel like coming over during the 08-09 season when we were on our way to the Finals, why would he come over now when the team has dropped off considerably? Dude ain't coming. Not now, not ever.

Let the girl stay over in Europe and keep playing over there. Trade his rights to the highest bidder and let's close this yet another sad chapter that is our drafting ability lately.

I would do that Portland trade. Miller could be a good fit in the offense as he is a pass first PG. Batum could solve our needs at the 3 as a defensive force. Camby solves our needs for a backup to Dwight and a possible twin towers lineup. I'm not into the idea of Roy. Too much contract to take that risk. I'd rather pick him up cheap after an amnesty (but so will a bunch of other teams). Then you cut Gilbert through amnesty. If you do this though I would not do any furthur deals to acquire Iggy or Boozer. Stand pat and let the next season go with those guys. Pick up some players on 1 year contracts. We would be looking at about $30mill in guaranteed contracts for the 2012/13 season.

Maybe I missed something in this thread, or another thread, but why does almost every trade idea have the words "bring over Fran" somewhere in them? We're throwing that around like it's something that's definitely going to happen, or has already happened. The dude's been NOT playing here for quite a while now. If he didn't feel like coming over during the 08-09 season when we were on our way to the Finals, why would he come over now when the team has dropped off considerably? Dude ain't coming. Not now, not ever.

Let the girl stay over in Europe and keep playing over there. Trade his rights to the highest bidder and let's close this yet another sad chapter that is our drafting ability lately.

Draftexpress didn't mention he could see into the future. This kid is a stud.

This one. Of course there's no guarantee he will come over, but if he did, it would fill a gaping hole. So would Orton coming out of that suit and playing some minutes.

...if he's ready to.

Never said the guy couldn't play. Obviously he can play. He just isn't going to play over here. He's had ample opportunity to ditch the Euro league and come play ball for the team that drafted him (I think with a lottery pick, yes?), and yet he STILL isn't sitting on our bench. Which is why I shake my head at every trade idea that includes that phrase "Bring Fran over". If it hasn't happened already, it probably won't ever happen.

Never said the guy couldn't play. Obviously he can play. He just isn't going to play over here. He's had ample opportunity to ditch the Euro league and come play ball for the team that drafted him (I think with a lottery pick, yes?), and yet he STILL isn't sitting on our bench. Which is why I shake my head at every trade idea that includes that phrase "Bring Fran over". If it hasn't happened already, it probably won't ever happen.

lol what in the world...

lol what in the world...

Was the core concept confusing to you? He probably isn't coming. He wants to stay in Europe. Any trade ideas that automatically assume he's coming over is flawed. I'd at least like to see the word "maybe" thrown around when it comes to Franny.