Catman

Could be the end for a lot of guys

This will be a pretty wild summer. Seriously crazy stuff could happen personnel wise, and it is all confounded by the CBA.

Bob Vander Weide has been opposed to the 4 out 1 in strategy pushed by Otis and and SVG. If the Magic get dropped tomorrow night, it could be over for both of them. BVW wants a big man next to Dwight.

If Otis stays, he will probably let J Rich walk and go after JR Smith with the MLE. Why? Smith is much more athletic and dynamic, and more importantly is very close friends with Dwight. There have been conflicting reports about this, but watching the Magic, you can clearly see a gaping need for more talent and speed on the wings. I know there are a ton of message board guys who hate Smith, but a lot of people are wrong a lot of the time. Example : read the comments after the Perkins trade on how the C's losing him was not a big deal and OKC lost a real good wing in Green. My point is that the Magic currently do not have an athlete in their starting lineup who will be able to match up with the Heat, Hawks and Bulls besides Dwight.

The Magic would like to move Hedo to the bench as well, so their next move will be to see if they can dump Gilbert's contract. That is what makes the summer so interesting. If they can do this, they will be right back in the game and able to offer a large contract to Chris Paul if he chooses to opt out.They would also attempt to trade a package including Jameer for a SF. So much is pending on the new CBA, that it could literally determine the next 10 years of Magic basketball.

What I do know is that Doc Rivers will be asked to coach the Magic. The team philosphy will change from 4 out to a traditional lineup based on bigs in the middle.

I don't want to be a negative nancy, but the season is over folks. Even with a miracle finish to take it to 7 games, the Magic do not have the talent to compete against the Hawks, Bulls and then Heat. They have been beaten severely in this series and also in the regular season. I will be rooting as hard as anyone tomorrow night, but I am already preparing for the offseason and frankly believe it will be the most exciting one for Magic fans in a long long time.

• Upvote 10
  • Downvote 2

This will be a pretty wild summer. Seriously crazy stuff could happen personnel wise, and it is all confounded by the CBA.

Bob Vander Weide has been opposed to the 4 out 1 in strategy pushed by Otis and and SVG. If the Magic get dropped tomorrow night, it could be over for both of them. BVW wants a big man next to Dwight.

If Otis stays, he will probably let J Rich walk and go after JR Smith with the MLE. Why? Smith is much more athletic and dynamic, and more importantly is very close friends with Dwight. There have been conflicting reports about this, but watching the Magic, you can clearly see a gaping need for more talent and speed on the wings. I know there are a ton of message board guys who hate Smith, but a lot of people are wrong a lot of the time. Example : read the comments after the Perkins trade on how the C's losing him was not a big deal and OKC lost a real good wing in Green. My point is that the Magic currently do not have an athlete in their starting lineup who will be able to match up with the Heat, Hawks and Bulls besides Dwight.

The Magic would like to move Hedo to the bench as well, so their next move will be to see if they can dump Gilbert's contract. That is what makes the summer so interesting. If they can do this, they will be right back in the game and able to offer a large contract to Chris Paul if he chooses to opt out.They would also attempt to trade a package including Jameer for a SF. So much is pending on the new CBA, that it could literally determine the next 10 years of Magic basketball.

What I do know is that Doc Rivers will be asked to coach the Magic. The team philosphy will change from 4 out to a traditional lineup based on bigs in the middle.

I don't want to be a negative nancy, but the season is over folks. Even with a miracle finish to take it to 7 games, the Magic do not have the talent to compete against the Hawks, Bulls and then Heat. They have been beaten severely in this series and also in the regular season. I will be rooting as hard as anyone tomorrow night, but I am already preparing for the offseason and frankly believe it will be the most exciting one for Magic fans in a long long time.

Why let JRich walk? Do we not have his Bird Rights?

unless he gives us a huge discount, it makes no sense to lock up a soon to be 30 yr old player when we need youth at all positions.

I would welcome JR Smith with open arms.

as for SVG: is it fair to blame him for getting the best from the roster given to him?

The best part about this is letting SVG and Jameer go. We were never going anywhere with these guys anyway. Hedo to the bench is perfect. However, if SVG has to go, I don't want to replace him with DOC FREAKIN RIVERS. He's horrible. In fact, i'd rather have SVG. Now if we were able to get Sloan....or maybe Adelman.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 8

Wouldn't it be amazing if gil was willing to take a cut then we somehow got a package of Ariza/CP3

*salavates*

This is a good question. JRich is expensive..but more importantly, it is time to rebuild and get younger. I think JR Smith would play off Dwight a lot better than J Rich has, he is young, and very athletic. The Magic are old and very slow right now.

A lot of naive folks are saying that the Magic are just shooting badly. They are not. They simply can not get their looks and do not match up well at all against ATL. this is due to size and speed. We are way too small, and too slow on the wings. It is about time to credit ATL for what they have done, because it truly is working, and the numbers do not lie.

I still don't understnad how any of this can be put on Stan. He cannot make any more adjustments. The talent he has is not on par with the rest of the league. He is just suppose to make them play to their fullest. Missing jumpers and not being fast enough to defend players does not fall on Stan's shoulders.

Also, since Gil is working with Grover this summer, I have a lot of faith in the guy. Last night with minutes he looked to attack. He plays well when given the chance, and he's on a bum knee. When he gets healthy he will be a much bigger piece than Jameer.(Do not get me wrong though, I love Jameer. He's been my favorite player for a while, but I think it's time for a change.)

• Downvote 1

Wouldn't it be amazing if gil was willing to take a cut then we somehow got a package of Ariza/CP3

*salavates*

OMG that would be so sick. But what could we offer NOH in return for that? Otis seriously messed things up this year. All of our trade assets are gone, and we're being eliminated in the first round anyway. Man, we really got jipped on these trades.

The best part about this is letting SVG and Jameer go. We were never going anywhere with these guys anyway. Hedo to the bench is perfect. However, if SVG has to go, I don't want to replace him with DOC FREAKIN RIVERS. He's horrible. In fact, i'd rather have SVG. Now if we were able to get Sloan....or maybe Adelman.

Agreed except for the Doc stuff. Doc rivers is not horrible. He was horrible here for multiple reasons, the main one being his inexeperience at the time, and our horrible roster.

He now has worked with superstars and knows how to manage them throughout a season. Players love playing for Doc, and that is very important for Dwight. We want Dwight to want to stay here, and by surrounding him with talented players that he wants and a coach that lets them play..well that will really insure that he stays. I also like Doc's defense a lot. While Thib is the man who brought the system to BOS, they still are playing excellent defense without him. Doc Rivers has improved by a significant amount since working with us, and is still a young coach with a ring. The Magic will not get rid of SVG unless they get a name coach who they know will help keep Dwight here.