Sign in to follow this  
ball junkie

Dwight's request to fans "Believe In Magic" !!!

From the Orlando Sentinel:

“We’re not perfect, we’re going to make mistakes, we’re going to miss shots, we’re going to make bad turnovers, bad decisions with the ball, but we just need everybody to believe in us,” Howard said. “We are going to continue to believe in ourselves and believe in each other, but we need our city to continue to believe in us.”

This from a guy who's pretty much asking the same fans to believe he'll come back in 2012. Magic fans are smart fans. They know good basketball. And the kind this team has been playing lately isn't.

It wasn't a bad plan, the midseason trades. Jason Richardson has a gear and toughness Vince Carter doesn't. Earl Clark is a nice young player. But in key ways, it hasn't worked out. Specifically, the Magic's biggest weapon, which made them such a threat in 2009, their three-point shooting, hasn't come around. The Magic are still No.1 in made and attempted three-pointers, but are 12th in percentage. They were 3rd in 2010, and 7th in 2011.

But there's still hope. If the Magic shooters can catch fire, their system makes it nearly impossible for teams to counter their offense. They're set on defense. So the only real question is if that will happen.

But for Dwight, that development won't come from belief.

GO MAGIC !!!!!

Haters Be Gone !!!!.....Negativity Be Gone !!!

http://eye-on-basketball.blogs.cbssports.com/mcc/blogs/entry/22748484/28320699?source=rss_blogs_NBA

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 3

I BELIEVE, but then when I see the team play like they don't give a damn then it really makes it hard to be "Gung Ho" about them going into the playoffs.

• Upvote 1

This team has heart and firepower. If only Gortat was around, we'd be a whole lot more comfortable. The games we've lost lately have been very close and the mere absence of JJ and/or injuries to other teammates here and there have made us vulnerable to losses. IF and only IF this team gets completely healthy and finds that extra click, we may surprise the NBA and pull an upset for some of the clear favorites like Chicago, Miami, or Boston. Let's support our team ...

As an aside, when the heck is JJ suppose to get back???? Anybody know the extent of his injuries?

I BELIEVE, but then when I see the team play like they don't give a damn then it really makes it hard to be "Gung Ho" about them going into the playoffs.

No, I think this team is gung ho -- more heart than last year's team. It's just that we are undermanned and understaffed. If last year's team (aka Carter, Gortat, for instance) played with as much heart during the Boston series, we'd have taken the trophy. Last year's team was so talented that we were caught sleeping vs. Boston after we destroyed all teams the last 2 months of the season ... This year's team is thinner and more flawed, but may have the heart and improved offensive flow to gut it out ... I think the mere replacement of Hedo for Carter last year may have been enough for us to go all the way, for instance ....