Sign in to follow this  
barnettej

No Cav's Game Thread?

I also think that the mood has been a bit down around here and I try to cheer things up with Tinychat, or other stupid crap. Members don't seem to believe in our team and I really can't get it, we have a very good chance of meeting the Bulls in the 2nd and beating the shorter Celtics in the East Finals.. But with Bass and Duhon being so dumb it's hard to feel motivated :)

IMHO, the Chat room is better because we can swear and react all at the same time

I also think that the mood has been a bit down around here and I try to cheer things up with Tinychat, or other stupid crap. Members don't seem to believe in our team and I really can't get it, we have a very good chance of meeting the Bulls in the 2nd and beating the shorter Celtics in the East Finals.. But with Bass and Duhon being so dumb it's hard to feel motivated :)

IMHO, the Chat room is better because we can swear and react all at the same time

I think this Playoffs will be as exciting as, if not more than, the 2009 Playoffs in the East. I'm getting pretty excited for it.

I mean, let's face it, with all the sweeps last year and bland Conference Finals, last year's Playoffs kind of sucked.

Also, I recently joined (well started to actively participate) in 2 other forums besides this one. Both forums have users who have given me tons of crap. It's the Internet. You get that everywhere. Hell, you get it in real life. It's just human nature.

I speak for myself when I say 99.9% of the time, if I say something silly or stupid and it offends you, it was never meant to. It was meant in jest.

Also, I recently joined (well started to actively participate) in 2 other forums besides this one. Both forums have users who have given me tons of crap. It's the Internet. You get that everywhere. Hell, you get it in real life. It's just human nature.

I speak for myself when I say 99.9% of the time, if I say something silly or stupid and it offends you, it was never meant to. It was meant in jest.

You don't need to apologize to me, Vanilla Bear; I simply get lost in your eyes, and never hear the things you say.

Apparently it's a members only kind of thing that is only open to select members, or, you know, anyone that clicks on the word "chat" up above (between Calendar and Search).

That's crazytalk.

The chat is awful anyway I don't get what all the fuss is about. It's a bunch of morons talking nonsense with the occasional "HEDO" or "HOOOOOOOO MAAAN" or "Meer sucks!" thrown in.

What does everyone else in the chat say?

Bazinga.

I think there's two factors that haven't been covered in this thread, and the first is the simple fact that a lot of those of us who have been here for 3 years or more, are beginning to just simply grow up and get lives.

For example, three-or-four years ago I didn't honestly have much of a life, so with TONS of time on my hands I had the time and will to do Stock Up/Stock Down after every single game.. fast forward to 2011, and I have a child, a life, and responsibilities and suddenly I have far less time for the message board. I know Smackdaddy, another example, has at least one kid himself. Kids, jobs, school, significant others, life happens.. and happens more and more often the older you get! So I think that's the big story for a lot of those of us who cut our teeth, so to speak, between 2005 & 2008. And for a while, we were all quite clearly the heart and soul of the forum, had the most posts, made the game threads, were in the chat room the most, etc.

Secondly, quite frankly, Magic Nation (fans, players, everybody involved with the Magic) is becoming a little spoiled. Yeah, I said it. It's a natural thing to happen with good/elite teams, but its true. Everyone's got this championship or whatever mentality. Division titles, homecourt in the playoffs, playoff racing, clinching the playoffs, living and dying with every win or loss, big games against the NBA Elite feel like life and death, how are we going to do on this road trip, and so on and so on. These things don't carry the weight with people like they used to.

Quite frankly (and generally speaking) the Magic fan base has begun to take certain milestones for granted, not to mention winning a high majority of each and every game for granted. That leads to less passion and less spark for the team as it IS as opposed to the way people wish it was (trade discussion/free agent talk)... therefore less spirited basketball/Magic discussion overall.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

Couple things.

People need to stop freaking out about forum downtime. A lot of us are engrossed with college basketball right now.

The downfall of this board began with me. Everyone should know that by now.

The chat is completely open now for anyone who wants to join.

We don't have 8,000 members. We have about 50 posters who might be active at some point during the week. We have a significant amount of banned trolls. We have a significant amount of empty usernames. We have about 3,000 dormant spam bots.

Take a look at the top 100 most active posters (in terms of post count). A large portion of them were trolls who made 1000+ posts in only a few months or player fans who left with the arroyo/hedo/vince train.

Sky that is exactly correct. We have been blessed (and spoiled) with such a great franchise in the past couple of years.

with that said, i'm excited as ever about this years playoffs considering the lockout that will happen right after it.

edit: okay who is the butt pirate that -1 Sky's post? SHOW YOURSELF RIGHT NOW.

• Downvote 3