Sign in to follow this  
Drain-O

Stan Van Gundy is Awesome

If my wife came home and told me she had sex with Stan Van Gundy I would give her a high five.

I'd be mad that she didn't consult with me first for a threesome.

OK, maybe thats too much LOL

It is really, really, really hard to watch a Magic game. People are allowed to mug Dwight every single play, safe in the fact that a foul will probably only be called maybe one out of five times. And then that kind of attitude from the refs is carried over onto the rest of the team: the Magic are called for touch fouls whereas Wade, LeBron, Rondo, and others could come out waving a chainsaw and have at least a 50/50 chance it'll be called the other way.

It's lame.

Yes: reffing is a really, really hard job, and determining if something is flagrant or not isn't a job I'd want. But these guys DO want that job and they HAVE that job. Call the damn game right.

WHEN Dwight gets hurt because one of these fouls? That'll be a GREAT day for the league...

• Upvote 1

It is really, really, really hard to watch a Magic game. People are allowed to mug Dwight every single play, safe in the fact that a foul will probably only be called maybe one out of five times. And then that kind of attitude from the refs is carried over onto the rest of the team: the Magic are called for touch fouls whereas Wade, LeBron, Rondo, and others could come out waving a chainsaw and have at least a 50/50 chance it'll be called the other way.

It's lame.

Yes: reffing is a really, really hard job, and determining if something is flagrant or not isn't a job I'd want. But these guys DO want that job and they HAVE that job. Call the damn game right.

WHEN Dwight gets hurt because one of these fouls? That'll be a GREAT day for the league...

This is my biggest fear. It is gonna happen one day. Dwight is looked at by everyone, even the players that foul him, as indestructible. But his bones and ligaments are no different from yours and mine, All it takes is one guy pulling down to hard, him landing at a different angle, and then any number of things could happen. A twisted ankle, torn ACL, ruptured patella, dislocated shoulder, severe concussion, etc. And then all the league will be able to do is look at themselves.

But....but.....Stan tells our players to shoot threes every time and never give Dwight the ball! Fire him!

/sarcasm

Seriously, Stan is the man. He's done so many awesome things for this franchise and it's just absurd people are running around calling for his head because they seem to expect perfection and to be the most dominant team in the league or something. Especially months after a major inseason roster shake up.

• Upvote 2

I've said this before, and I'll say it again: If I was Dwight, I would have beaten the absolute crap out of someone long ago. The fact that he doesn't turn, and put a hole in someone's face amazes me. Dwight has unbelievable restraint, and the disrespect the NBA shows to big men by letting them get consistently mauled is truly appalling.

This is why I seriously just love Stan. Total Homo. Don't give a damn.

Ryan, I am with you in the second portion of this post, buttttttttttttt, you did lose me at the Total Homo line here brother!!!

I love our coach!! I wouldn't swap him for anybody. He is no nonesense, has a very dry sense of humour and is uber passionate. He is THE MAN.

When I go to watch videos I, apart from the highlights of games, his interviews are really the only ones I'm bothered about seeing. The players generally say the same blah blah blah rubbish unless Dwights pissed or something but Stan's are always interesting and usually quite funny.

• Upvote 1