Sign in to follow this  
Secretly Space Jesus

Making The List: The Top 25 Orlando Magic Players of All Time: #7

Yeah, I'm several days late. Sue me, I still don't have a computer at home right now.

The list so far:

1. Dwight Howard(23 votes)

2. Shaquille O'neal(14 votes)

3. Tracy McGrady(9 votes)

4. Penny Hardaway(17 votes)

5. Nick Anderson(10 votes)

6. Darrell Armstrong(6 votes)

Receiving the most nominations in the previous round was Hedo Turkoglu

The nominees for #7 are:

Horace Grant

Scott Skiles

Rashard Lewis

Jameer Nelson

Hedo Turkoglu

Again, please include a new nomination with your vote. If you don't include a nomination, your vote WILL NOT BE COUNTED.

Also: If you have less than 100 posts to your name, your vote will not be counted. However, you are welcome and encouraged to contribute whatever you like to the conversation/debate.

Rules for voting that everyone seems to ignore can be found here: http://truebluenatio...rs-of-all-time/

Yeah, I'm several days late. Sue me, I still don't have a computer at home right now.

The list so far:

1. Dwight Howard(23 votes)

2. Shaquille O'neal(14 votes)

3. Tracy McGrady(9 votes)

4. Penny Hardaway(17 votes)

5. Nick Anderson(10 votes)

6. Darrell Armstrong(6 votes)

Receiving the most nominations in the previous round was Jameer Nelson

The nominees for #7 are:

Horace Grant

Scott Skiles

Rashard Lewis

Jameer Nelson

Hedo Turkoglu

Again, please include a new nomination with your vote. If you don't include a nomination, your vote WILL NOT BE COUNTED.

Also: If you have less than 100 posts to your name, your vote will not be counted. However, you are welcome and encouraged to contribute whatever you like to the conversation/debate.

Rules for voting that everyone seems to ignore can be found here: http://truebluenatio...rs-of-all-time/

Hedo Turkoglu is not spelled "Jameer Nelson"

My votes:

Number #7: Hedo. We made it this far, we are nominated. MIP in Orlando, grew from role players to main piece in a Finals team. Buzzer-Beaters. Sincronized passing to Dwight. Curious rituals. Broke Philly (G4 dagger), Boston (G7) and Cleveland (all series) with tremendous play. For me it is close between him and Shard, but i give the nod to the Hedo.

Nomination: Dennis Scott. I began watching the Magic in 93 season, so i dont know much about what Skiles or others did for this team. I remember the 95 Finals run, and Scott was a constant outside threat. I remember his 3 in OT against Houston in G1 (in a give and take play with Shaq from the inbounds) before Hakeem scored on that putback to win it.

Vote: Scott Skiles. (I know I nominated Horace Grant before Skiles, but I've flip-flopped on this one. NBA record 30 assists in a single game, it's held for over 20 years. Not John Stockton, not Magic Johnson, not Steve Nash, not Jason Kidd, no one has pulled this off. Heck, even 20 in a game is rare. Him and Darrell Armstrong may have the best intangibles in Magic history. Leadership, brains, guts, toughness, intensity.. much like Darrell, I just don't think you can punish him for not having Shaq or Dwight around him for a majority of his time in Orlando. He's was too good in too many different ways for him to NOT be a Top 8 all-time Magic player. IMO.)

Nominate: Dennis Scott. (Okay, the cupboard is getting supremely bare right about here. Bo Outlaw? Terry Catledge? Donald Royal!? No, no, and no. I've called 3D a one-trick pony. He'd get terribly out of shape in offseasons. He didn't rebound nearly enough for a small forward. But you know what? That one trick is one HELL of a trick.

From Wikipedia:

Until the drafting of Shaquille O'Neal in 1992, [Dennis] Scott and Nick Anderson were the leading scorers for the Magic. In 1995–96 Scott set the NBA single-season three-point field goal tally with 267 (which was broken ten years later by Ray Allen).

So there you go. That's what life with Shaq in his youth will get ya.)

Horace Grant

3D (As much as I'd prefer to nominate Bo Outlaw over 3D, 3D gets this spot by default based simply on his presence all over the franchise TOP 10 lists, games played 5th, mins played 6th, FG's 6th, 3-PT FG's 1st, 3-PT FG% 3rd, Assists 9th, Steals 6th, Points 6th)

Vote: Scott Skiles.

Nominate: Terry Catledge. Nobody was better at making the news in the early days. Strip clubs and Mississippi traffic court made reading the Sentinel sports page fun, and some days even the headlines. He may be the all-time best pump-faker in league history (Though Bass is gaining recognition in that category).

• Upvote 1