Sign in to follow this  
Drain-O

SVG on Mike and Mike

quote:
Originally posted by WPMagic:

Nice summary Drain-o.

Also, did he mention Nelson on the interview, and for that matter, I don't recall Nelson being mentioned at the press conference yesterday. I'm I wrong?

No he never did. They mentioned Dwight to him first so he refered to it as Dwight and the young core. He never refered to any players and their roles specifically just the players Otis got in the trades.

quote:
Honestly, if JJ had better handles, he would be a killer spot PG. His TO rate is very low and his vision is great.

I kind laughed when I saw people calling for JJ at the point but you are right he sees the open man at least twice as good as Jameer. The more I watch him the less I laugh at the idea.

I really think Jameer is on the hot seat. Right now the way he plays is the most likely to grate on Stan and of all the players I see getting an attitude I get the impression (which may be wrong) he's at the top of the list.

<He then applauded the front office and especially Otis saying he made tremendous moves to build this team including getting Carlos, Darko, Trevor, and Penny's expiring contract.>

Could this have any consequence on Arroyos future with the magic? Is he showing some independence of criteria here on players roles?

quote:
Originally posted by WPMagic:

quote:
Honestly, if JJ had better handles, he would be a killer spot PG. His TO rate is very low and his vision is great.

Do we know specifically what JJ is working on the most this summer? Obviously his all around game, but will he be putting a greater amount of effort into handling the ball? It would be nice.

J.J. said that every 4 days a week this summer he's been/and is going to work on his conditioning, bulking up, and his overall game.

This kid has the mind of a champion.

I really believe that J.J. is going to break out and really show Brian for the fool he was to not play him more often..

You know, if you look at it, sitting for most of his rookie season might help his overall career. He'll work that much harder in the offseason and take his frustrations out on his opponents on the court.

Next year is defintely do or die time for both Jameer and Carlos. No more excuses.

Have you observed Cleveland and what they have done at point guard? Hughes brings the ball up the court and passes to Lebron. Was Orlando any more imaginative last season? Can JJ bring the ball up the court?

My point being that if the team does not have a true point guard why can't Dooling, Grant Hill, or JJ bring the ball up the court?

Many of you have already reconsidered your thinking about up tempo causing more turn overs. The point guard position can also be handled differently.

quote:
Originally posted by The Solution:

Have you observed Cleveland and what they have done at point guard? Hughes brings the ball up the court and passes to Lebron. Was Orlando any more imaginative last season? Can JJ bring the ball up the court?

My point being that if the team does not have a true point guard why can't Dooling, Grant Hill, or JJ bring the ball up the court?

Many of you have already reconsidered your thinking about up tempo causing more turn overs. The point guard position can also be handled differently.

Bringing Vince here will allow this. Vince is the ONLY FA we can pick up that will hide our PG problems.

quote:
Originally posted by The Solution:

I understand your point, but Larry Hughes at the PG position is a band aid for Cleveland, they were actively trying to get Mike Bibby at the trading deadline, but it was a no go.

Cleveland's biggest need is definitely to get a true starting point guard.. Larry Hughes isn't their master plan at that position, to say the least.