Sign in to follow this  
ball junkie

Stein: Magic interested in T. Murphy if bought out by G.S.

Murphy has been bought out

The Miami Heat and Boston Celtics have emerged as the leaders to sign forward Troy Murphy, sources close to the situation told ESPN.com.

Murphy, who was traded last week to the Golden State Warriors after spending nearly two months in exile with the New Jersey Nets, completed a buyout agreement Sunday, source told ESPN.com.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=6166159

Hopefully we can get him.

He'll end up going to Miami. I mean who wants to play with the best center in the entire world anyway?

:svgsad:

Who cares. He is a hack. My mate who is a pacers fan says he is the worst defensive player the pacers have ever had. Always lets his player past him. Ryan Anderson is a rich mans Troy Murphy.

• Upvote 2

I swear Forums create an obsessive need sometimes for no reason. We are going to be fine without Troy Murphy.

I wish I could give you a plus 20. Most people on here didn't know anything about him prior to these rumors. A good portion of people are not sure why they want him here other than because he showed up in those rumors. Life will go on if we don't get him, the bigs that were/could be bought are all about the same skill level wise. Troy can shoot it and rebound but he can't rotate on D very quickly, which is more important to us?

Could care less about Murf. Never was hyped on him. Only time I thought "hmm, he might be a solid piece" was years ago and even then I didn't think he was all that.

Whatever happened to that big man that was drafted and looked like he was a prisoner? I forget his name. Built like a house. Maybe we should call him up.

Funny, now that it seems like we aren't going to get Murphy, people are acting all Joe Cool like he wasn't important at all or they go on the complete other side of the spectrum and freak out that he'll sign with Miami (where he won't be effective behind Bosh, Big Z, and Dampier) or Boston (where he will be the replacement for Perkins - which isn't that concerning).

Let's all just take a chill pill and let our new look team continue to gel - Arenas has been playing really well these past couple of games and I still really enjoy having Bass/Anderson/Earl all hustling really hard. It makes me a :happypuppy:

Funny, now that it seems like we aren't going to get Murphy, people are acting all Joe Cool like he wasn't important at all or they go on the complete other side of the spectrum and freak out that he'll sign with Miami (where he won't be effective behind Bosh, Big Z, and Dampier) or Boston (where he will be the replacement for Perkins - which isn't that concerning).

Let's all just take a chill pill and let our new look team continue to gel - Arenas has been playing really well these past couple of games and I still really enjoy having Bass/Anderson/Earl all hustling really hard. It makes me a :happypuppy:

he isn't that important. we need basically a live body who is tall and heavy that can get in people's way in the paint.

I wish I could give you a plus 20. Most people on here didn't know anything about him prior to these rumors. A good portion of people are not sure why they want him here other than because he showed up in those rumors. Life will go on if we don't get him, the bigs that were/could be bought are all about the same skill level wise. Troy can shoot it and rebound but he can't rotate on D very quickly, which is more important to us?

More worried about Bibby being bought out and going to Miami or boston

More worried about Bibby being bought out and going to Miami or boston

boston can only play 5 players at a time. I'm not worried. Miami, it'd be upgrading their starting pg by a bit.