Sign in to follow this  
ball junkie

Stein: Magic interested in T. Murphy if bought out by G.S.

The Magic appear to have a leg up when it comes to signing Murphy outright as a free agent, as it can offer a pro-rated portion of the Bi-Annual Exception; among the teams reportedly interested in Murphy, neither Boston nor Miami can offer as much money. Florida's lack of state income tax also makes Orlando an attractive destination, as does the opportunity to play quality minutes off the bench each night.

My link

Murphy's free fall has been a bizarre one. Has the guy truly fallen off that far, or was he simply a poor fit for New Jersey? Are his back pains still lingering?

If the guy couldn't get playing time over Favors/Humphries, how is he to expect playing time on a team with Anderson handling most of the backup PF/C minutes, as well as a promising, developing Forward in Clark?

Granted, we don't have a legitimate backup C, but Murphy's as much a C as Anderson is.

nick (hornetstown)

Troy Murphy is a near perfect fit for the Hornets - true or false?

John Hollinger (1:05 PM)

I say true. And I must again complement the Nyets on doing such a fantastic job of destroying his trade value.

Ha-Ha-Ha....Go Nets !!!

Yes, anyone out there please give more clarification regarding Troy Murphy? Is this guy even good?

Yes, and I believe he is a better fit at backup C than Anderson. He just knows the NBA game better and is a little more physical. Ryno is still mastering the PF spot.

Avery Johnson made it very clear that he was not into Murphy compared to the options he had at PF and C. Doesn't mean he is not good, espcially in a reserve role off the bench.

They dont want him because they have Lopez, Humphries, Petro, and Favors...Not enough room for him. Not because hes horrible.

I know my post would lead you to beleive that I think he is horrible, but I never was really impressed with him to begin with. This may have clouded my view of him, but I just can't see how he really helps us turn the cornner this season?

This is from Evan Dunlap of PSP :

Mannix's update(Chris Mannix of Sports Illustrated) will disappoint Magic fans hoping the team might land another quality center, but there is hope embedded therein: a source told Mannix that Orlando is "the most likely destination" for New Jersey Nets power forward Troy Murphy, but only if the Nets buy him out after the deadline. Naturally, that's far from a sure thing.

According to a recent report from Al Iannazzone of the Bergen Record, the Nets "are talking to numerous teams about [trading] him" and "are confident they can trade Murphy." If New Jersey does manage to unload his expiring contract, worth almost $12 million, Orlando would need to look elsewhere for big-man depth.

This is what Mr. Iannazzone posted :

Troy Murphy’s expiring contract has come up with Portland, but the Nets are talking to numerous teams about him. They are confident they can trade Murphy. If not, the Nets could decide to buy him out after the trade deadline.

So, we wait...............

http://www.orlandopinstripedpost.com/2011/2/17/1999435/mannix-orlando-magic-not-optimistic-about-adding-another-big-man-at#comments

http://www.northjersey.com/sports/pro_sports/basketball/Nets_Blazers_talking_about_Devin_Harris_deal.html

On his motivation- Does he want to join a team for money, playing time or does he want to be on a contending team?

He's not going to get a big payday so that option is out. Murphy would get plenty of playing time with both the Heat or the Magic...both contending teams. Why would he opt to ride the pine in Boston?