Sign in to follow this  
Soul Bro

Need for Sheed

Time to bring in Sheed.

Dwight Howard's dad has a great idea to solve the Magic's two biggest problems in one fell swoop.

"Bring in Rasheed Wallace," Howard Sr. told me Thursday night at halftime of the Magic- Knicks game.

And it might solve Orlando's matchup problems against Wallace's old team, the big, bad Boston Celtics, in the playoffs.

Magic general manager Otis Smith didn't even let me finish the sentence when I said, "I was talking to Dwight Howard Sr. and …."

"And he said, "Go sign Rasheed Wallace.'"

http://www.orlandose...,5041491.column

Senior is a smart man. Sheed would be great here.

Bump this thread if you want Sheed.

smile_creaturedance.gif

• Upvote 3

So then, we would have 2 bigmen with alot of T's :D

I think it's not going to happen, but if it would, I'd be quite happy. Sheed can play 4, he can play 5, he's good defensively, can step out and hit some threes, but, like i said, i think it's not going to happen.

The Magic really wanted Sheed in the summer of 2009:

After losing to the Lakers and their big front line in the NBA Finals, the Magic are expected to make offers next week in free agency to both veteran Rasheed Wallace of Detroit and young Brandon Bass of Dallas, according to two NBA sources.Wallace, 34, is expected to be pursued by both the Magic and theBoston Celtics, who are competing with the Cleveland Cavaliers for the top spot in the Eastern Conference. Wallace has played 14 seasons in the NBA, earning a reputation as an often enigmatic, but unselfish player with championship experience.

Wallace still could remain in Detroit, but he has expressed a desire to finish his career with a legitimate contender in the East. He would help either Boston or Orlando counter Cleveland's addition of Shaquille O'Neal.

http://nba.fanhouse....e-brandon-bass/

Smith disputed reports that Wallace was making a visit to Orlando, although he said "it was possible" a some point.

Smith agreed that Wallace, a veteran 6 feet 11 power forward, would be a nice "fit" alongside center Dwight Howard, but "it just depends on what Rasheed wants to do."

http://www.orlandopi...c-gm-otis-smith

I agree that Rasheed would be a good fit in our system here, but getting him here would be a short-term thing and maybe thats what the Magic want because they're trying to win now in order to convince Dwight to stay. I'd love to see Sheed come back and play here, but I think he's retired and won't see a come back. I hope I'm wrong though.

It just excites me that Otis and Dwight Sr. have discussed Sheed. Put Sheed on this team and we would be so, so nasty. His game fits perfectly next to Dwight's, though he is long in the tooth.

It just excites me that Otis and Dwight Sr. have discussed Sheed. Put Sheed on this team and we would be so, so nasty. His game fits perfectly next to Dwight's, though he is long in the tooth.

Well, I think a little "NASTY" should be the order of the day, just based upon our never failing ability to allow so many unworthy teams to comeback from our double digit leads....basically always in the 3rd qt!!! We lack that put your foot on their throat mentality that is required to WIN IT ALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I would suggest Rasheed would help toughen the talent that we have in our bigs!!

I also wonder if.......and only if anyone has attempted to talk to Rasheed, and not just talk about him? Like Dwight Sr??? Maybe Yes????

I love the idea but has he been working out since last season, staying in shape, or has he been sitting around with a bag of Doritos?

probably hanging out with damon stoudemire....