Sign in to follow this  
Secretly Space Jesus

John Hollinger says acquiring Hedo was a mistake

I have similar feeling about Turkoglu. While Pietrus has been awful this year and Turk is likely an improvement, we need to nip this revisionist history about his Orlando years in the bud: Turkoglu wasn't particularly good in his last season in Orlando, save for a glorious Game 7 in Boston, and he's unlikely to provide more than a small bench upgrade at a very expensive price.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/columns/story?columnist=hollinger_john&page=hollingermagicdeal-101218

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 3

How can people easily forget that Hedo average 18 PPG, 6.5 assists and 6 rebounds that year????? Who in the Magic team averages 6.5 asists and 6 rebounds now? Did Rashard Lewis or VC? 6.5 assists average equates to 13 PPG.

Hedo hasn't played with a dominant big man since leaving the Magic. He is going to thrive in this system. The man is still shooting 42% from the 3. He will thrive just shooting 3's for all I care, but the better fact is that he will create for Howard and company.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 7

...Well, if Hollinger says so it must be true. I am not a fan of the trades that went down either. I felt like we could have gotten more than what we did for Gortat/Vince/1st/3mil

Yeah, I read that yesterday....and since Hollinger is my hero it certainly didn't make me feel good about acquiring him....I think Stan wanted him back....I think Hedo is very happy to be back where he had some success....when people "WANT" to do something it makes a world of difference....Hollinger was a little hard on Hedo, I think...it still doesn't mean he can't contribute to helping this team win.

Keeping my fingers crossed !

Oh and, the thread starter has a very peculiar writing style....been trying to figure out who it reminds me of....some guy who's name escapes me at this minute....a guy who used to be a regular on this Forum.

Oh well, can't remember.....

• Downvote 1

Oh and, the thread starter has a very peculiar writing style....been trying to figure out who it reminds me of....some guy who's name escapes me at this minute....a guy who used to be a regular on this Forum.

When you figure it out, lets us know, so we can have a little friendly laugh at how long it took.

How can people easily forget that Hedo average 18 PPG, 6.5 assists and 6 rebounds that year?????

Hedo has never averaged 18 points/6.5/6 in any year of his career.

In his last year here, he averaged 16.5/5/5 on a monstrous usage rate and horrible percentages.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Hedo has never averaged 18 points/6.5/6 in any year of his career.

In his last year here, he averaged 16.5/5/5 on a monstrous usage rate and horrible percentages.

Pecentages smentages, who needs to worry about stuff like that?