Jareth Cutestory

DONE DEAL. MAGIC TRADE GORTAT/VINCE/PEACHES/1ST FOR J-RICH/HEDO/EARL CLARK

It's amazing how a team can look so dominant at the beginning of the year only to then trade away half the team 2 months later.

Well Dwight, you got what you wanted. Sign that extension.

But... but... we lost 5 of the last 6 games!!!!!!

:panicworker:

Wait so Arenas has a player option in 2012? 10 bucks says he opts out and signs a new, cheaper contract with us. Or is that not possible?

Otis should deliver an ultimatum to him. Either sign a cheaper contract or you're not allowed in the man cave.

• Upvote 1

Wait so Arenas has a player option in 2012? 10 bucks says he opts out and signs a new, cheaper contract with us. Or is that not possible?

He's going to give up 20 mill because he's friends with Otis?? I don't know of too many friends that pass up 20 mill.

He's going to give up 20 mill because he's friends with Otis?? I don't know of too many friends that pass up 20 mill.

although very true, I wouldn't put ANYTHING past Gil. Guy is crazy enough to do things outside the norm.

I'm not saying he resigns for the vet min, but maybe they backload the contract or something. I think Thunder did the opposite of that with Nick Collison this year. They paid him a huge amount and the pennies for the following years.

You're probably right.

Gilbert might be one of the few in the NBA who isn't all about the money. I actually really like him and before all of his injuries was my favorite player not on the Magic. I am going to drink the Gilbert punch until I'm shown some reason not to.

Can someone just tell me what the cap situation will be like when Dwight is a free agent (given he accepts his player option)? Not too good, right?

I'm pretty sure, whatever the situation is, we'll clean house for Dwight to come back.

Can someone just tell me what the cap situation will be like when Dwight is a free agent (given he accepts his player option)? Not too good, right?

I'm pretty sure if Dwight doesn't opt out, that Hedo and Arenas could opt out and that could leave us with a lot of cap space. Though I'm not totally sure, I don't know much about the contracts of our new guys.

Gilbert might be one of the few in the NBA who isn't all about the money. I actually really like him and before all of his injuries was my favorite player not on the Magic. I am going to drink the Gilbert punch until I'm shown some reason not to.

Do you even realize what you're saying? Not about money?

Continue to talk yourself into this trade.....